PDA

View Full Version : Mounting Options for HTM-200s

txrpan
09-13-2013, 11:20 AM
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and am about to buy new speakers for my media room. For my surround sides and rear, I plan on going with the HTM-200 SEs. I've read in the forums, and from Dave, that the Omnimount 20.0 (C & W) is a very good option however they are hard to find. I checked with Omnimount and they indicated the ETA for the next run of their 20.0s will be the first quarter of 2014. While I anticipate getting the speakers before then, is there a good alternative for a ceiling and wall mount for the 200s? For the ceiling, I will need to angle them down about 45 degrees so I need something that will hold them at that angle. My other requirement is I don't want to drill into the speaker to mount it.

I've heard Pinpoint's AM-30 might be a good option too but read some reviews in other forums that it may have difficulty supporting 10 lbs at an angle. Has anyone has success with these?

By the way, I have to say Dave and Dina have been extremely helpful in explaining Ascend's speaker options I have been inquiring about. Their customer service has been nothing short of exceptional. I look forward to owning some new Ascends very soon!

-Rob

choirbass
09-13-2013, 07:15 PM
Hi Rob,

Regarding speaker mounting, the HTM-200's do have a location near the base, where 2 thicker screws are located to lock a mount in place. Omnimounts work perfectly, no speaker drilling necessary :)

natetg57
09-14-2013, 05:41 AM
Regarding speaker mounting, the HTM-200's do have a location near the base

Also, since the HTM-200's are a WTW configuration the screws can be near the top or base depending on preference.

txrpan
01-03-2014, 04:04 PM
I've seen a few posts with other people asking about which mounts will work for the HTM-200s (and 170s) as well. I thought I post the findings from my research.

I was not able to find Omnimounts and was told by the manufacturer they would resume production of these in 1Q 2014 sometime. As I couldn't wait that long to mount my HTM-200s, I found another bracket that has worked very well for wall and ceiling mounts, the Vantage Point BSME. They are a very solid and versatile mounting solution. My 200s have been mounted on my walls and ceilings with these for several weeks now and they haven't moved a bit. The ceiling mounts are angled down as well and they don't seem to have any issue keeping them securely in place.

The mounts swivel and rotate in many different positions to offer optimal angles. Before I ordered these, I had some questions regarding the mounts and contacted the manufacturer and they were quick to respond and very helpful. There is also an extension arm on the BSME that can be removed if needed. I left mine on as I wasn't sure if I would need to fine tune my speaker placement later. For the walls, I would have preferred a lower profile mount but I'm not really complaining given the performance and versitility. Additionally, these were ready to go right out of the box and fit the HTM-200s perfectly. These are very solid mounts and were easy to install.

Hopefully, others will find these a very useful alternative. Here are some pics of the speakers and mounts:

brabus
01-06-2014, 07:18 AM
I wish I could find the BSME's or the OmniMounts. It appears that both of these mounts are now discontinued.

txrpan
01-07-2014, 06:19 AM
The BSMEs shouldn't be discontinued. The rep from Vantage Point said RSL Speaker Solutions had purchased their remaining inventory back in November so that's where I ordered them from.

http://rslspeakers.com/store/accessories/vantage-point-bsme-extended-wall-ceiling-mounts.html

brabus
01-07-2014, 06:33 AM
The BSMEs shouldn't be discontinued. The rep from Vantage Point said RSL Speaker Solutions had purchased their remaining inventory back in November so that's where I ordered them from.

http://rslspeakers.com/store/accessories/vantage-point-bsme-extended-wall-ceiling-mounts.htmlWow that markup is huge! I purchased the non extension version on Amazon yesterday for 45 a pair. Though had I found these I probably would have gotten them instead.

GPeaslee
01-07-2014, 08:54 AM
I used Peerless SPK811 mounts for my HTM-200se's. They are available in black or white, are easy to install, rated to hold up to 20 lbs., and work very well. You do have to use a wrench to tighten them enough to hold the speaker at an angle, but once tightened, they hold great. They are inexpensive and easy to find too.