PDA

View Full Version : New To The Forum, Not To The Hobby

4Play
06-19-2013, 01:01 PM
Hey Guys and Gals,

I'm getting back into the hobby after a 30+ year hiatus, and oh boy how times have changed. I got hooked back in 75 or 76 during my first stint in college. There was an audio store in town and I became a regular, asking all the newbie questions and trying to learn. Close to home there was a nice audio store that I became friends with everyone working there. After finishing my first year I saved all of my money to buy my first audio system... Harman/Kardon receiver, a BIC turntable, and a pair of the original Advent speakers. Along the way I managed to upgrade my turntable to a B&O model, and I added a Nakamichi tape deck. The system served me well.

Fast forward to today... My wife and I bought our first new home, and we decided to add an audio system for hours of enjoyment. Current system includes a Marantz SR5005 receiver, a Denon network audio player, a pair of Infinity Primus fronts, and an Infinity Primus center. I have decided to upgrade the speakers to the CMT-340 SE. I am hoping to place an order maybe the end of next week. I am so looking forward to being amazed by the sound quality. You can read all the reviews you want, but you will never know until you hook up a pair and listen for yourself. So, if any of you have a pair of CMT-340s, I would appreciate some feedback, your experiences and opinions so I will know what I'm about to witness firsthand.

Thank you for reading my post, and I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

davef
07-01-2013, 05:24 PM
Hey Guys and Gals,

I'm getting back into the hobby after a 30+ year hiatus, and oh boy how times have changed. I got hooked back in 75 or 76 during my first stint in college. There was an audio store in town and I became a regular, asking all the newbie questions and trying to learn. Close to home there was a nice audio store that I became friends with everyone working there. After finishing my first year I saved all of my money to buy my first audio system... Harman/Kardon receiver, a BIC turntable, and a pair of the original Advent speakers. Along the way I managed to upgrade my turntable to a B&O model, and I added a Nakamichi tape deck. The system served me well.

Fast forward to today... My wife and I bought our first new home, and we decided to add an audio system for hours of enjoyment. Current system includes a Marantz SR5005 receiver, a Denon network audio player, a pair of Infinity Primus fronts, and an Infinity Primus center. I have decided to upgrade the speakers to the CMT-340 SE. I am hoping to place an order maybe the end of next week. I am so looking forward to being amazed by the sound quality. You can read all the reviews you want, but you will never know until you hook up a pair and listen for yourself. So, if any of you have a pair of CMT-340s, I would appreciate some feedback, your experiences and opinions so I will know what I'm about to witness firsthand.

Thank you for reading my post, and I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

Welcome to our community 4Play and please let me know if I can be of any assistance. Enjoy!!!