PDA

View Full Version : My father's cancer fund

davef
06-06-2013, 02:11 PM
For the old time members here, I wanted to share with you something special. As you might remember, my father lost a brave battle with cancer many years ago. I established a cancer fund in his name to fight oral cancer and many of you had contributed – thank you!

The fund has now closed and in total we raised somewhere in the neighborhood of $70,000, which is really amazing. A plaque now hangs in Memorial Sloan Kettering. Please see attached.

A huge thank you to all of you!

billy p
06-06-2013, 04:53 PM
What a great way to remember your father by having a plaque in honor of his name! I wish, I was part of the Ascend family back in the day....albeit... I do recall there was mention of him being ill...I just never knew the extent of his illness until reading this post!

Sorry to hear about his passing, Dave. You must have fond memories & being very proud of him.

Sincerely...Bill P...:(

Dark Ranger
06-06-2013, 06:59 PM
Thanks for sharing this with us, Dave. I wasn't a member during that whole ordeal, but I remember reading the thread(s) a couple of years ago. What impressed me was the huge outpouring of support and generosity from many who had never met you in person, let alone your father.

I commend you for this honorable deed for a well-deserving person--your father. :)

curtis
06-07-2013, 08:55 AM
Dave, you know I remember...

and this is a great remembrance.

Galwin
06-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Dave,

I remember that difficult time. Continuing the legacy of love - nothing could be greater! You can hear it in those wonderful loudspeakers.

Jim

davef
06-12-2013, 12:47 AM
Thanks to everyone for the nice comments :)

STRONGBADF1
06-13-2013, 12:52 PM
Very nice job to all involved!