PDA

View Full Version : My Ascend experience

phipp01
04-07-2013, 01:40 PM
So quite a few months ago I had to set about rebuilding my home theater system due to losing everything in a move from Florida back to New Hampshire. Now if you know anything about New Englanders you would know we are a frugal lot, so I tend to research and get the "best bang for my buck". I also tend to buy things that will last for years.

I had asked here what the sound of the 340's were compared to my old AV666 Rockets. Convinced I would be happy with those across the front with the 170's as rears I set about to find some used Ascends to save some money. I guess what I had read about them was true! Great speakers from a great company at a great price, cause finding used ones was near to impossible for me. Fast forward to last month when they have their B stock sale, finally convince myself to part with the money and get B stock. Right before I order I decide to scour the HT forums one last time for some used Ascends.

BINGO! 4 year old Sierra 1's (L/R/C) in piano black for $725 shipped. So I called Ascend to order the 170's and played some phone tag with Dina. Fun game but I finally won when I got to speak with her. Everything you guys said about her was true also! Wicked nice and very accommodating! Received the A stock 170's on Friday and wall mounted them this morning.

Now if only the Denon 3313 would get here I could tell how great they sound.

Ascend, just from their customer service, now have a customer that will look to them first when the upgrade bug hits. The towers are looking nice for an upgrade in the future :D

JustABrah
04-08-2013, 04:02 PM
You got LCR Sierra-1s for $725 shipped? That's a great deal on a speaker that's already a great deal.