PDA

View Full Version : Sierra-1 weight difference

noteworthy
03-06-2013, 11:44 PM
Is each Sierra-1 suppose to weigh the same? I could swear one of mine feels noticeably heavier than the other. Unfortunately I don't have a scale so I'm going by feel. Each time I lift one and then the other I feel the difference. Could it just be the normal variance in the wood or is something amiss?

davef
03-07-2013, 12:38 AM
Is each Sierra-1 suppose to weigh the same? I could swear one of mine feels noticeably heavier than the other. Unfortunately I don't have a scale so I'm going by feel. Each time I lift one and then the other I feel the difference. Could it just be the normal variance in the wood or is something amiss?

In my experience, there can indeed be some slight variations in weight from one speaker to another. This is strictly due to the bamboo and has no effect on performance. Since it is truly a natural wood, there can be slight variations in fiber vs pulp content. Any natural hardwood is subject to the same variations.

noteworthy
03-07-2013, 10:37 AM
Thanks Dave. I thought the variations in the bamboo could be the reason. In any case the speakers look and sound amazing and the fact that the line response measurements are nearly identical on my printout leaves me with no worries.

davef
03-07-2013, 01:55 PM
Thanks Dave. I thought the variations in the bamboo could be the reason. In any case the speakers look and sound amazing and the fact that the line response measurements are nearly identical on my printout leaves me with no worries.

Excellent -- glad you are enjoying them! Yep -- we really do match up the speakers :)