PDA

View Full Version : Pure i20

buddhadas
01-09-2013, 05:45 PM
I have been looking for ages for a charging doc for my ipod classic. I ran into this little beauty that in addition to a doc, also has an onboard dac. I can't honestly tell much of a sound difference, seems as if the sound is fuller? Whatever the hell that means. :D I believe it sounds as good as my cd player does, although that could just be my old ears not knowing any better.
Bottom line is, for 100 bucks I have retired my cd player, and am again happy with my Sierra system. A HUGE thank you to Dave for fixing my blown Sierra!!! Your customer service never ceases to amaze me!

Jim

buddhadas
01-19-2013, 09:00 AM
UPDATE: 10 days later and I am actually really enjoying this doc. I have an old school 2 channel rig, so I run rca out to a McIntosh pre-amp from the 70's. Originally, I just ran an rca from the bottom of ipod, but with this doc, it really does sound better. I know that is a completely subjective term, but it is all I got. :D The best part is I am listening to more of my music than I did before, and in my world that is always a good thing.

Jim