PDA

View Full Version : Sierra-1's Upside Down?

choirbass
12-31-2012, 10:27 AM
I am a bit curious, but would Sierra-1's work as well if they were placed upside down? It's just because of how high the tweeters would be in relation to the listening area.

Thanks.

Blutarsky
12-31-2012, 04:00 PM
Good Question. Common Sense say's no reason not to.

Maybe tilt them down?

RicardoJoa
12-31-2012, 05:10 PM
I remember reading from post that the xover will work either way. The issues is that you should align the tweeter to ear height so that you wont be listening vertical off axis.

choirbass
12-31-2012, 06:54 PM

davef
01-02-2013, 01:15 PM
I am a bit curious, but would Sierra-1's work as well if they were placed upside down? It's just because of how high the tweeters would be in relation to the listening area.

Thanks.

Yep -- the Sierra-1 will work quite well if positioned upside down :)

choirbass
01-03-2013, 08:47 AM
Thanks Dave :)

GirgleMirt
01-03-2013, 03:05 PM
If the tweeter is at the same height, theoretically it's even better, since you're increasing the distance of the woofer to the floor, thus reducing unwanted reflections. NOTE: You're decreasing the distance to the ceiling though but since it's usually >8 feet, you're getting less reflections (well reflections are further, so reduced in intensity) so in the end, probably an increase in performance.

With the placebo effect, turning them upside down should give you a significant performance increase! ;)

Dark Ranger
01-03-2013, 03:59 PM
With the placebo effect, turning them upside down should give you a significant performance increase! ;)

I'm not so sure. If the speakers are turned upside down, then the audio signal will be upside down, too. The bass will leak out of the bottom tweeter.

The only way to solve this problem is to mount your chair to the ceiling and use anti-gravity belts to keep you inverted. Because all the blood will eventually drain to your head, it's best to take short breaks. This will ensure you hear the sugary-sweet highs, the midder mids, and the woofing bass. Or was that the dog I just heard?