PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a demo of Sierra Towers in Edmonton, AB...

Redeka
11-04-2012, 10:33 PM
or within a couple hours drive. I have been doing a lot of research into system for myself, and these are at the top of my list. I am dying to have a listen to them, I have heard nothing but praise over them!

Redeka
11-15-2012, 10:44 AM
Just wanted to bump this post up. Still searching for a demo. If it would make people more comfortable, we could meet somewhere in public first where I could give you a copy of my ID for security purposes. I would even be willing to drive to Calgary for a day if I could secure a demo down that way...

JustaSheep
11-15-2012, 10:47 AM
Sorry, down in Houston, but you are welcome to make the trip.

I have seen a few Canucks post here, so hopefully one will see your request.

billy p
11-15-2012, 11:38 AM
Sorry, down in Houston, but you are welcome to make the trip.

I have seen a few Canucks post here, so hopefully one will see your request.

He is likely closer to Houston than Markham...if your ever in the Toronto 905 area code just look me up! I would try calling Ascend to se if they could set something up ...I'm sure they have costomers in the Edmontom or the Alberta area...:)

Kpt_Krunch
11-22-2012, 06:22 PM
Good news - I'm in Edmonton and I'm an Ascend customer.

Bad news - the Ascends I have are the 340's and 170's - the classics (not even the SE's).

But, if you really want to hear them, pm me. I have an idea.

billy p
11-22-2012, 08:26 PM
Hey K_K its being awhile....;). I finally took the leap of faith and ordered the Sierras....I do recall in our prior discussions(yrs ago) your accounts of the classic version vs. those of the Energy RC's. If the OP takes you up on your gracious invite he'll get an idea of how the Ascends sound but with all due respect it won't come close to giving him the full spectrum of how the Towers truely sound and why I eventually sold my Energies...:cool:.

Kpt_Krunch
11-22-2012, 09:14 PM
Hey Billy - yeah I remember. So you have the Sierra Tower? with the Raal Tweeter per chance?

billy p
11-23-2012, 07:06 AM
Hey Billy - yeah I remember. So you have the Sierra Tower? with the Raal Tweeter per chance?

Nah...I have the standard Towers and Horizon...I traded up from the Sierra 1 NrT after directly comparing in home. I still don't have any buyers remorse having elected to go this route instead of the RAAL upgrade because my primary forcus wansn't musically oriented.:)

curtis
11-23-2012, 10:11 AM
Get a listen to the Towers, RAAL or NrT....they will impress in either case.

Redeka
11-23-2012, 12:01 PM
Hi Kpt krunch. I really appreciate the offer and would love to take you up on it for the opportunity to hear an ascend product. I will PM you in a few days after I clear up s few things that are tying me down right now and we can discuss details. If I end up getting the towers, rest assured you can have a listen when they arrive!

Kpt_Krunch
11-23-2012, 09:19 PM
Get a listen to the Towers, RAAL or NrT....they will impress in either case.

Curtis - I know you've heard both. I trust your opinion (always have) is it worth the $700 upgrade to the RAAL?

curtis
11-24-2012, 11:28 AM
Curtis - I know you've heard both. I trust your opinion (always have) is it worth the $700 upgrade to the RAAL?
It is tough for me to judge that for everyone. $700, or $1050 if you also do a Horizon, is a lot of money. That is another set of Sierra-1's. Also, there are others that want a bit more forward sound that the NrT gives you. The first time I heard the Towers was with the NrT, and it was a "wow" moment.

For me, and the times I can just sit down and enjoy music, I do think the RAAL is worth it, especially since I would expect a great number of years of enjoyment.