PDA

View Full Version : Matching black Sierra-1 with Towers

nball
10-28-2012, 10:21 AM
I'm ready to order Towers + Sierra-1 NrT center but the options for black veneers don't match in the ordering process.

Is gloss black the same as piano black? Or can the Sierra-1's be had in matte or satin black?

Mag_Neato
10-28-2012, 01:22 PM
Give Ascend a call tomorrow. I'm sure they can help you out!

davef
10-29-2012, 10:48 PM
I'm ready to order Towers + Sierra-1 NrT center but the options for black veneers don't match in the ordering process.

Is gloss black the same as piano black? Or can the Sierra-1's be had in matte or satin black?

Hi nball,

We are happy to assist you...

High gloss black is not the same as Piano Black. Piano black is a true mirror quality finish.

We will soon be announcing a supply of piano black Sierra Towers built for us by the same cabinet maker who builds our piano black Sierra-1. This is an exact match and will be available within 2-3 weeks.

In addition, for a small fee we can re-finish the Sierra-1 cabinet to match any of the Sierra Tower finishes. We have done this for many of our customers.

Give us a call or send me an email to discuss in more detail.

Take care!

nball
11-06-2012, 08:26 PM
Placed my order for piano black Sierra Towers and Sierra-1 NrT center today! Thanks Dina. Thanks Dave.

davef
11-12-2012, 04:47 PM
Placed my order for piano black Sierra Towers and Sierra-1 NrT center today! Thanks Dina. Thanks Dave.

You are most welcome and thanks for putting your confidence in us :)

Enjoy!!!

nball
12-16-2012, 11:57 PM
THEY'RE HERE!

My set of towers and Sierra-1 NrT center arrived. This day was like Moses parting the Red Sea. I'm getting ahead of myself...

Some history: When I met my wife my B&W 604 S2 5.1 system had to go. Too big, too loud (ex-bachelor, thus volume control issues) so I tried to compensate with an Emptek on-wall set up with Outlaw LFM1-EX but we eventually arrived at the speakers on the TV itself. So sad.

Fast forward a few years and it's time for real sound again. My catalog of music isn't getting any smaller and my AKG's are starting to show their age. The worst part is that the kids aren't experiencing music as a part of daily life like I did growing up. Easy sell on the wife! Ascend was on my very very short list based on a ton of internet research. This is the first time I've purchased speakers without listening to them first. It was a real leap. I knew/know I can change my mind but it took some doing.

For my needs and budget a simple 3.1 was in order. We're largely music listeners but movie dialog legibility/clarity would be a major make/break for us so a center was required. We don't have the space for a HTC (yet) thus a matched set of Tower + Sierra-1 NrT was in order.

They finally arrived at UPS terminal and I went to pick them up.

The sound has converted my wife: she understands why good speakers matter now. She wanted to watch a chick flick the night we finally Ascended. While she was showering (go fig) I was using Transformers Dark of the Moon (terrible movie, do not watch) to test the new system. She came out and watched, slackjawed almost, at how wonderful something so awful could sound. Maybe I should have gone with RAAL after all, ha!

We're exploring all manner of holiday tunes now and loving every minute. The kids get a kick out of the sound even thought they do not understand. So far they've left the towers alone...

Sources are high bitrate music (AIFF, FLAC, AAC, etc.), Blu-ray discs via PS3, and streamed HD from VUDU or Amazon Prime on Xbox. Power is Marantz SR5004, pure direct for music, Dolby VS or PLII for movies. The sub will be added to the mix in the next week, it's languishing in my office now.

Will provide more/better notes on our experience as we go. Big ups to Ascend on such an incredible product. Good job Dave! Seriously, wowza so far.

sourbeef
12-18-2012, 06:32 PM
nball, congrats on the new Ascendsion. I recently received the towers myself and will someday get the Horizon center.