PDA

View Full Version : Aperion Audio Verus Forte/Grand

parimento1
08-13-2012, 11:06 AM
Has anyone ever had a chance to audition/hear these speakers? If you did, how do these compare to the Sierra Tower?? Feel free to chime in!

curtis
08-13-2012, 12:22 PM
I have not heard the Verus line of Aperions, but every Aperion speaker I have heard, while sounding good, was less of a value than an Ascend speaker.

I think if you search any thread out there (not just here) comparing products from the two companies, Ascend comes out on top.

In fact, the latest I have read, and I think the owner also posted here, is that the Sierra-1 bookshelf faired better than the 6T tower.

Aperion makes good speakers, but their business model is much different than Ascend's. It would be great if you could compare the two.

billy p
08-13-2012, 01:34 PM
The thoughts and opinions expressed by those in attendance regarding both as well as some other fine Monitors can be seen here... http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/754353-post96.html

I know this is the Ascend forum but I'll come out and say this...prior to ordering my Sierras I read through several coments or reviews by members on various forums regarding Aperion and some weren't favourable. AAMOF one of those reviews I'm speaking of came up linked today over on AVS in the E56Ci thread. Yeah...I have no qualms I made the better choice...in Ascend....:D

JustaSheep
08-13-2012, 08:58 PM
The thoughts and opinions expressed by those in attendance regarding both as well as some other fine Monitors can be seen here... http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/754353-post96.html

I know this is the Ascend forum but I'll come out and say this...prior to ordering my Sierras I read through several coments or reviews by members on various forums regarding Aperion and some weren't favourable. AAMOF one of those reviews I'm speaking of came up linked today over on AVS in the E56Ci thread. Yeah...I have no qualms I made the better choice...in Ascend....:D

+1. This sounds like the same path I took. Aperion was my launching pad in researching for my current setup, starting about a year ago. They market well and I had also heard some book shelves of their's several years ago and thought they sounded nice.

After hours and hours of reading and asking questions, I landed on Ascend...the towers really sealed it for me. It's the value proposition, availability of measurements and service that ultimately kept me here. If I ever do upgrade again, I don't know that I would consider Aperion this time around...not because they are a bad company or bad speakers, just don't quite stack up dollar for dollar from what I've read.

Sheep