PDA

View Full Version : Tower Speaker Feet Question.

Blutarsky
07-25-2012, 12:04 PM
We are having Ascend build us a pair of Towers and a Compact Horizon Center. It appears that the Towers come with spikes. Do they also have rubber feet? We have wood flooring.

We are getting a "new" color...Black dyed natural with satin finish. Dave showed a sample to me and my wife. The Bamboo grain will show. Oh Boy!!

Thank You

B

JustaSheep
07-25-2012, 02:11 PM
We are having Ascend build us a pair of Towers and a Compact Horizon Center. It appears that the Towers come with spikes. Do they also have rubber feet? We have wood flooring.

We are getting a "new" color...Black dyed natural with satin finish. Dave showed a sample to me and my wife. The Bamboo grain will show. Oh Boy!!

Thank You

B

They come with spikes and discs to set the spikes in for wood/laminate flooring. You could put a thin piece of felt on the bottom of the metal disc for peace of mind. I probably would.

Have any pictures of the new stain? That sounds interesting.

Sheep

davef
07-25-2012, 02:27 PM
Have any pictures of the new stain? That sounds interesting.

Sheep

It is really nice, similar to a black ash but with the unique grain and texture of bamboo. Shipping of these new finishes has started today :)

Here are a few quick pictures...

JustaSheep
07-25-2012, 02:45 PM
Those are really sharp. I was having a hard time picturing it but those look great!

Blutarsky
07-25-2012, 03:20 PM
Thank's Justasheep and Dave. I will probably put on some felt discs. I like to be able to move my speakers in small increments. Spikes on carpet are a bear to dial in position.

Dave---Appreciate the pictures I am enthusiastic about the new speakers.

Blutarsky

curtis
07-25-2012, 03:23 PM
Those look great!

BTW...I use little furniture slider discs under my speaker stands (bamboo flooring). The stands weigh about 60 lbs. each. Works great.

Blutarsky
07-25-2012, 04:00 PM
WOW! As soon as I posted my last reply, I got an E-mail from UPS. The pictures are of my new Towers. I feel almost prescient.

Have to wait a little longer for the Center. My Sierra Center will do til then

Blutarsky

Dark Ranger
07-25-2012, 04:06 PM
OK, I wasn't expecting pictures when I entered this thread. What a pleasant surprise! That's a unique finish and one that demands a closer look. Actually, I think the WAF could be pretty high with this one.

Oh yeah, I like it. :cool:

B: I know you and your wife shall have many hours of enjoyable listening. :D

Dark Ranger
07-25-2012, 04:08 PM
WOW! As soon as I posted my last reply, I got an E-mail from UPS. The pictures are of my new Towers. I feel almost prescient.

You know, I was going to mention that in my last post. I was going to make a joke that maybe, just maybe those are your Towers that Dave photographed.

SWEET!! :D

Blutarsky
07-25-2012, 04:19 PM
I am pretty much in the Bronze Age regarding piktur takin' and postin'.

I might give it the old college try when all the parts are in place.

We are a small community with a secret. Great sounding speakers for a decent price.

Sort of the Widow's Sons of the Audio World.

Blutarsky

davef
07-30-2012, 06:43 PM
You know, I was going to mention that in my last post. I was going to make a joke that maybe, just maybe those are your Towers that Dave photographed.

SWEET!! :D

LOL, well -- the look is the exact same but the pictures were actually taken using a cabinet we set aside specifically for picture taking. We shipped 3 pairs of this new finish that day :)