PDA

View Full Version : Omnimount 20 with 170SE in horizontal position?

LS1 Sounds
06-20-2012, 10:20 PM
I may have to move my 170SE surrounds to a new location behind the couch, which would require them to be mounted high on the wall. I haven't used a wall mount before, so I have a couple of questions.

When using the Omnimount 20's, can I rotate the 170SE into a horizontal position? In this orientation, how far would I be able to angle the speaker down towards the listening position? It looks like the mount itself is spec'd for +/- 30 degrees of tilt. Can I expect at least this much tilt?

davef
07-20-2012, 12:48 AM
I may have to move my 170SE surrounds to a new location behind the couch, which would require them to be mounted high on the wall. I haven't used a wall mount before, so I have a couple of questions.

When using the Omnimount 20's, can I rotate the 170SE into a horizontal position? In this orientation, how far would I be able to angle the speaker down towards the listening position? It looks like the mount itself is spec'd for +/- 30 degrees of tilt. Can I expect at least this much tilt?

Hi LS1,

Our sincere apologies for missing your post :o

Yes, as long as you fully tighten down the ball joint. In addition, you should be able to angle the speaker downward by as much as 30 degrees without issue.

Hope this helps!

LS1 Sounds
07-20-2012, 03:41 PM
No problem Dave, thank you for the response!