PDA

View Full Version : Pandora thru ROKU Volume!!!

Blutarsky
04-30-2012, 12:45 PM
I use a Roku device to stream Pandora thru my AV system. (Yamaha RX A-1010 Receiver.)

The volume seems to vary greatly. Yesterday, The gain was so high, on one song, that I am afraid I damaged a tweeter on a new Sierra-1. I rushed in to turn it down. It now sounds scratchy on some music. How can I tell for sure if it is injured? Has anyone else had Pandora do this?

B.

curtis
04-30-2012, 04:38 PM
Does it sound different to you on material you are familiar with?

Blutarsky
04-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Good question...It's funny how Pandora will really blast now and then. I was playing one of my Roots Reggae stations while cleaning house. Couldn't get to the remote fast enough.

I will pull out some familiar CDs. I fear the worst though.

Thanks...

Blutarsky
05-02-2012, 03:19 PM
Speakers seem OK. It seems like the Audio from my DISH receiver, and Pandora sounds a little broken up sometimes. The Sierras are accurate enough for me to hear it.

Anyone know why Pandora gets so loud occasionally? I set the Max volume on my receiver lower to protect things.

Thank You

Sam1000
05-02-2012, 03:28 PM
Speakers seem OK. It seems like the Audio from my DISH receiver, and Pandora sounds a little broken up sometimes. The Sierras are accurate enough for me to hear it.

Anyone know why Pandora gets so loud occasionally? I set the Max volume on my receiver lower to protect things.

Thank You\
Not sure of this is a problem with Roku device. I use Pandora on Squeezebox Touch and my pre-pro and it never does that.

curtis
05-02-2012, 03:33 PM
\
Not sure of this is a problem with Roku device. I use Pandora on Squeezebox Touch and my pre-pro and it never does that.
I use Pandora through Sonos on my home system, and don't recall that happening either.

Blutarsky
05-02-2012, 03:50 PM
Interesting. I like the ROKU, it is cheap, and wireless. We use a router from our office. Wire would be a bear. I might try putting the wireless adapter on my new OPPO BDP-95. Incidently the OPPO is stellar. I have it connected with both quality RCA interconnects, and HDMI. The CD performance is very good. Compares well to my old Modwright.

Thanks. The hive rules!

Blutarsky
05-03-2012, 02:48 PM
I checked with ROKU live chat support. They weren't helpful.. I won't use this again. My OPPO will do Pandora, and NETFLIX.

My left tweeter is definitely blown. I found source material that really showed it. OH WELL!

B

davef
05-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Thank You

I stream Pandora on 5 different devices (iPhone, Samsung TV, 2 different DVD players, PC) and have not had this happen even once. Sounds like the issue is with your ROKU.

Give us a call when you have time regarding your tweeter issue.

Take care!

Blutarsky
05-03-2012, 03:59 PM
I just talked to Deina. I will be shipping the speakers for repair. My responsibility.

My ROKU is the original one. I have had the volume change on me before. I had big old speakers and 500W of amp, so no harm was done.

I had the max level set on my receiver, but didn't help on this.

I won't be using it again.

Thanks.