PDA

View Full Version : Sierra NrT ok for my center channel?

azanon
04-27-2012, 08:20 AM
I plan to do some entertainment center remodeling which will allow me to finally buy a Sierra-1 center to match my Sierra-1 (L/R). I'd like to get the NrT version for the center if possible, but don't want to do so if it won't properly blend, timber match, or whatever the appropriate term is, with my non-NrTs on the front left and right. I'm not interested in paying to upgrade my L/R right now. I'm 80% home theater, and watch a lot of Blu-ray music disks, so I'd really like those highs/vocals to be as spot-on as possible.

So NrT for center or just the regular Sierra-1? Thanks for the advice.

BTW, I have my current setup blended quite nicely so if anyone in the Little Rock area wants to hear Sierra's in action, I'm open to it. My center and back 4 channels are HTM-200SE's and my sub is HSU VTF 3.3. I'm driving them with a THX Select 2 pioneer receiver.

Sam1000
04-27-2012, 08:49 AM
Unless you have a plan to upgrade L/R in future with NRT, I would go with regular Sierra Center.

curtis
04-27-2012, 09:07 AM
I agree with Sam.

It will give the best possible blend.

davef
04-27-2012, 10:19 PM
Hi Azanon,

Hope all is well!

Unless you are planning on upgrading your Sierra-1 L/R to Sierra-1 NrT or eventually going with our Sierra Towers, I would recommend going with the standard Sierra-1. This would provide the best blend.