PDA

View Full Version : Cmt-440se?

chas
04-11-2012, 09:10 AM
Now that the Sierra towers and Horizons are rolling out, is there any chance of seeing something new in the SE line with trickle-down technology...perhaps a three-way LCR based on the technology of the Horizon but with a more budget-friendly MDF cabinet and SE drivers (I threw out the "440" in the title based on a 340SE with a hypothetical 200SE-based midrange driver)?

Just tossing out an idea...I would hate to see Mr. Fabrikant get bored with all the spare time he has now that the new reference line has launched!;)

davef
04-24-2012, 11:41 PM
Now that the Sierra towers and Horizons are rolling out, is there any chance of seeing something new in the SE line with trickle-down technology...perhaps a three-way LCR based on the technology of the Horizon but with a more budget-friendly MDF cabinet and SE drivers (I threw out the "440" in the title based on a 340SE with a hypothetical 200SE-based midrange driver)?!

We still do quite well with these lines. The problem I see is that the cost of manufacturing the 170's, 340's and especially the 200's has increased dramatically over the past few years. I would like to avoid making significant changes to the designs that would result in even greater manufacturing cost increases. This would inevitably result in retail cost increases that would bring these products closer to the price of our Sierra line.

That said, I do plan on a re-evaluation in Jan 2013.

Just tossing out an idea...I would hate to see Mr. Fabrikant get bored with all the spare time he has now that the new reference line has launched!;)

LOL!!!