PDA

View Full Version : Q-plugs with towers?

Sonic Ray
02-29-2012, 10:04 AM
Do the Q plugs fit the towers? Are they advisable under the same circumstances as the sierra-1s?

davef
03-02-2012, 03:32 AM
Do the Q plugs fit the towers? Are they advisable under the same circumstances as the sierra-1s?

Yes,the Q-Plugs will also work in the Towers. Do you plan on using a subwoofer?

Sonic Ray
03-02-2012, 05:21 AM
Thanks, Dave. Good to know since it looks like I may be limited to as little as 4 inches behind them. Yes on the subwoofer...maybe two. Haven't decided make and model yet. Is bass extension the only thing lost by plugging? Would you rather hear a plugged Sierra Tower or a vertical Horizon as mains?

davef
04-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Thanks, Dave. Good to know since it looks like I may be limited to as little as 4 inches behind them. Yes on the subwoofer...maybe two. Haven't decided make and model yet. Is bass extension the only thing lost by plugging? Would you rather hear a plugged Sierra Tower or a vertical Horizon as mains?

If you are using a subwoofer I would recommend setting a 60Hz crossover with the towers, plugging the port would then not be necessary. Plugging the port changes both bass extension and the rolloff characteristics.