PDA

View Full Version : New to Ascend

heyjugsy
02-01-2012, 01:06 PM
Hi,

I have recently decided to go with Ascend speakers for my Home Theater (suggested by some people at the AVS forum) and am really excited about it. I am new to Ascends and would like constant inputs/ suggestions from people here who know more about the speakers, set ups, etc.

First off; I have purchased the 340 SE (LCR), 170 SE (Rears). I am pairing these with the Denon 2112 CI AVR. The other components would be a Sharp LCD 46", a Blue Ray player and an HD box.

I will be using the Outlaw's LFM1 -EX with this setup as a sub. Has anyone used the Outlaw LFM1-EX with the Ascends OR even the Outlaw LFM1- EX with any other speaker system?

Thanks.

CallMeTG
02-02-2012, 06:55 AM
You're going to love them. I recently switched from a Mirage system to the 340/170 combo. I have a Denon 1912 receiver and an SVS sub.

This setup is perfect for me for home theater and gaming. The dialogue is clean and clear, and the speakers just sound clean overall. I'm really enjoying them.

I can't comment on your sub, but I will say that I was pleasantly surprised/impressed with the bass output from the 340s. They are quite robust and will reach down pretty deep.

One thing I had to do was switch my speakers from Large to Small after I ran Audyssey. I then set the crossover for the speakers to 80Hz and 120Hz for the sub. Couldn't be happier.

Good luck!