PDA

View Full Version : Sierra-1s and Sierra tower center?

ravingndrooling
12-21-2011, 09:23 AM
Merry Christmas all...
I'm looking to change my current set-up and am wondering about using a tower center with the Sierra -1s...
How well will the they match? I'm not a fan of using a third Sierra-1 for a center...been there and done that. I know I am going against the grain, but I prefer to have a bigger center for watching movies....
I have 340se's across my front and 170se's for surrounds now, in fact, this is my second set of SEs. I WAS also an owner of 3 Sierras when they first came out. I had them paired with a pair of SVS Ultras(1st gen) and just couldn't get them to sound well in my room. Needless to say, I sold the Sierras and ended up with a room full of AVS Rockets... I should have sold the Ultras and kept the Sierras...Live and learn. Since then, I've gone through a couple different sets of Dynaudios{Focus and Confidence) and multiple different subs...Condsidering I am back to Ascend I think is a HUGE compliment to Dave and Ascend! I also remember telling myself that if and when Dave came up with a bigger center, I would be back. Well...I'm back....LOL
So, has anyone done or plan on doing Sierra-1s and THAT monster center? I do probably 60/40 music to movies with 75% of the movies being concert videos. I don't have to be sold on the Sierras...that's a "no brainer" for sure...The towers will come, but probably not until 2013....The wife is very cool about my habit, but I must do it slowly! LOL Any and all opinions are welcome.

Gov
12-21-2011, 10:27 AM
^^^^I too am thinking about getting the tower center to pair with L/R 340SE's. Dave F posted that they would make a great match and that the new tower center is a significant upgrade over the 340SEC. I bet the same goes for the Sierra 1s. For me though, $1000 is a bit nut right now. I amy have to sell a few things first :D

davef
12-29-2011, 05:09 PM
Merry Christmas all...
I'm looking to change my current set-up and am wondering about using a tower center with the Sierra -1s...
How well will the they match? I'm not a fan of using a third Sierra-1 for a center...been there and done that. I know I am going against the grain, but I prefer to have a bigger center for watching movies....

I have used the STC with a pair of Sierra-1 and it is a fantastic combination. Since I, unfortunately, do not have room for Sierra Towers in my family room, I will be running this exact combination -- Sierra-1 L/R with STC.

Hope this helps!

raving
01-02-2012, 09:27 PM
'Nuff said, Thanks Dave...