PDA

View Full Version : paint damage :( - options?

rmj
12-05-2011, 08:38 PM
Well, after about 3 years of careful handling...I chipped the piano finish on one of my sierras :( I accidentally hit the edge with my ring while trying to reach behind the tv stand...see the photo:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1477664/Photo%20Dec%2005%2C%2010%2031%2034%20PM.jpg

Can see the bamboo now; any suggestions to fix it? I do have the original packaging if it comes down to shipping them back to ascend, but other (local) alternatives are welcome (I'm in Houston,TX).

choirbass
12-06-2011, 06:38 AM
I'm not in Houston, but I really would think that the safest option when it comes to damages, is just to ship them back for repairs. That way you're guaranteed they'll be properly managed.

curtis
12-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Maybe an automobile paint & body shop?

davef
12-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Well, after about 3 years of careful handling...I chipped the piano finish on one of my sierras :( I accidentally hit the edge with my ring while trying to reach behind the tv stand...see the photo:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1477664/Photo%20Dec%2005%2C%2010%2031%2034%20PM.jpg

Can see the bamboo now; any suggestions to fix it? I do have the original packaging if it comes down to shipping them back to ascend, but other (local) alternatives are welcome (I'm in Houston,TX).

I am really sorry to see this! Unfortunately, we don't have the ability to repair this kind of damage. We could probably ask the company that does our local piano black finishing to repair it but I can almost guarantee you that it is going to be quite expensive. Add to that the cost of shipping the unit to us to remove all of the components, then ship the empty cabinet to the finishing company, ship the cabinet back to us to install the components and test, and then ship back to you --- it adds up quickly :(

It would cost less if we simply replace the cabinet for you when we have more piano black stock on hand (we have low inventory on this finish right now) The best option would be for you to contact a local piano repairman. They are often experts on this type of finishing and this would be a simple repair for them.

Send us an email if you would like to discuss the option of replacing the complete cabinet.

GirgleMirt
12-07-2011, 08:19 PM
How perfect do you need it to be? If you can find the chip, and it's still in one piece... You could try gluing it back... it probably won't be perfect, but won't be as bad as exposed bamboo :o Probably the cheapest solution besides ghetto black marker fix... Or maybe whack those poor speakers everywhere and call it art? I got it, call it inverted dalmatians and sell for hundred thousand $$$. Or hand paint to some kids and let them go wild... They probably can't do worst than this (http://www.harmonyinteriors.com/images/art-speakers/hand-painted-harmony-speaker.jpg)...

rmj
12-09-2011, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the replys, everyone

Im taking it to a piano repair shop this weekend and also sent a photo to a friend who owns a paint shop

Hopefully one of those two pans out

GirgleMirt
12-16-2011, 03:02 PM
So what was the damage? ($)