PDA

View Full Version : I ordered a CM340 front three yesterday

mikebiker
11-22-2011, 10:26 AM
Now, I want them delivered NOW! They are replacing 10+ year-old Pole RM2300 satellites. I expect a large increase in sound quality.

HiroPro
11-22-2011, 01:40 PM
IMHO there isn't a better loudspeaker for the money at that price point/bracket on the planet. Sure you can get better speakers, the Sierra line comes to mind, but again for the performance per dollar they really can't be beat!

Gov
11-22-2011, 03:15 PM
IMHO there isn't a better loudspeaker for the money at that price point/bracket on the planet. Sure you can get better speakers, the Sierra line comes to mind, but again for the performance per dollar they really can't be beat!

I agree! Still enjoying mine very much. I will admit I am lusting over Dave's latest creation tho :D

mikebiker
11-22-2011, 03:49 PM
The Sierra speakers were not going to fit into my budget, although they seem to be really impressive. There is no doubt in my mind that the 340SEs will satisfy me for many, many years.

DougMac
11-26-2011, 06:29 AM
Congrats Mike and welcome to the forum! Let us know what you think when you receive them. I'm running 340's across the front and they sound great!

I normally don't believe in speaker break in, but it seemed to me my 340's opened up after about 30 or so hours of playing. They sounded great straight out of the box, they just got even better. I didn't do anything special, just played them normally.

scape
11-27-2011, 04:55 PM
congrats on the purchase, you will not be disappointed!

choirbass
12-02-2011, 12:28 AM
I do think you'll be happy too. As long as you have ideal speaker placements, etc as is normal for any major speaker upgrades, things should sound great :)

mikebiker
12-02-2011, 06:16 AM
In setting up the AVR for the new speakers, I found out that the amp on my sub is failing. I'm going to run without a sub until my budget allows a replacement. I've set that 340s as large and they sound excellent. My hearing seems to have improved as I can hear dialog better.

I did have to raise my TV by 5 inches on the stand to fit the new center in.