PDA

View Full Version : Jolida FX10 and Sierra-1; Yay or Nay

KidCharlemagne
08-18-2011, 07:20 PM
The Jolida FX10 is a 10w EL84 tube integrated. Will it be able to drive the Sierra-1?

GirgleMirt
08-21-2011, 08:15 AM
10W < 50W. Though it will probably run them, it probably won't run them too well. And by not too well, I mean that there will be a lot of distortion, a lot more distortion than with SS. But then again, all tubes distort a lot more than SS so that's not saying much. Hell, some say that distortion is part of the tube charm, so you never know, you might find that combination very charming!

10W amps are more suited for high sensitivity speakers, not so much with low sensitivity speakers... It'll work, I've run my Sierras NRTs with a T-Amp, it's just not the right type of amp for the Sierra imho... Though the T-Amp isn't a tube amp, so you never know, you might end up liking the combo, maybe even more so than with a SS amp...

davef
08-24-2011, 06:59 PM
The Jolida FX10 is a 10w EL84 tube integrated. Will it be able to drive the Sierra-1?

It can certainly drive the Sierra-1 but much depends on your room, how far back you will be sitting from the speakers and your listening habits. Shoot me an email or PM so we can discuss in more detail.

Thanks!

aggieactuary
03-15-2013, 03:05 PM
Has anyone tried the Jolida FX10 with the Sierra-1, yet?