PDA

View Full Version : Sierra Towers -- what is still available.

davef
08-09-2011, 05:56 PM
updated on 10/31/2011

As of the date posted above, we have 1 - 2 pairs of Sierra Towers in the below finishes still available at pre-order pricing. Please give us a call if you are interested in purchasing a set.

High Gloss Black (available)
Black Matte (available)

Natural (sold out)
Satin Black (sold out)
Piano Black (sold out)
Satin Espresso (sold out)
Satin Dark Cherry (sold out)

jagdip
10-10-2011, 12:36 PM
when are following two colors available again ?

Satin Espresso
Satin Dark Cherry

davef
10-10-2011, 04:05 PM
when are following two colors available again ?

Satin Espresso
Satin Dark Cherry

I would estimate about 6 more weeks. It would be advisable to place an informal pre-order now as this next batch of Sierra Tower cabinets is being built-to-order, much like the previous batch.

MALC_345
10-29-2011, 11:20 AM
Dave -

Hi sir! I just wanted to check if this is the most recently updated availability of the Sierra Towers. I'm in a conundrum on whether to invest in the Sierra Towers with a Sierra Tower Center. The only issue I run into, is that my family and I really want to set up the theatre by the end of this month, but you had PM'ed me that the Center may be released in 8 weeks. I'm even contemplating going with a phantom center with the Sierra Towers, just to wait on the STC....

Those pics of the STC have got me almost willing to wait for 2 months for audio bliss. :D The WAF of the Sierra Towers are through the roof!

davef
10-31-2011, 01:58 AM
Dave -

Hi sir! I just wanted to check if this is the most recently updated availability of the Sierra Towers. I'm in a conundrum on whether to invest in the Sierra Towers with a Sierra Tower Center. The only issue I run into, is that my family and I really want to set up the theatre by the end of this month, but you had PM'ed me that the Center may be released in 8 weeks. I'm even contemplating going with a phantom center with the Sierra Towers, just to wait on the STC....

Those pics of the STC have got me almost willing to wait for 2 months for audio bliss. :D The WAF of the Sierra Towers are through the roof!

I have just updated the availability list for you. You can definitely go with a phantom center or you can also use a 340 SE center as a temporary loaner until the STC is ready. I spent some time this weekend testing the 340 SE center with the Sierra Towers for another customer of ours and I was quite impressed with the results: D

That said, I must tell you that the STC is worth waiting for!

choirbass
10-31-2011, 05:25 AM
Hi Dave, slightly off topic, but can't wait for the RAAL STC :D. I'm nowhere near being able to afford, but the cost will probably be around $1.4-1.5k? ($900-1k for tower, ~$400 tweeter after price bump, s+h to san diego.. <$100?, lol).

Dunno if that price is close or not, but looking forward to it either way :)

davef
10-31-2011, 03:33 PM
Hi Dave, slightly off topic, but can't wait for the RAAL STC :D. I'm nowhere near being able to afford, but the cost will probably be around $1.4-1.5k? ($900-1k for tower, ~$400 tweeter after price bump, s+h to san diego.. <$100?, lol).

Dunno if that price is close or not, but looking forward to it either way :)

With regard to the forthcoming STC, I will actually be visiting our cabinet maker tomorrow to inspect and hopefully approve their final reference sample. If I don't see any problems, the cabinets go into production by the end of the week :)

There are still a few variables I need to work out with regard to retail pricing on the STC but I would say your estimate of $1.4K - $1.5K with the RAAL ribbon tweeter is very reasonable. Due to dual slot porting and the separate internal midrange enclosure, this cabinet is proving to be more complex than the Tower so I expect it is actually going to cost us a bit more than a single Sierra Tower cabinet.

And sadly, prices for neodymium are just ridiculous right now and the cost of our NrT is skyrocketing :mad:

MALC_345
10-31-2011, 05:39 PM
I have just updated the availability list for you. You can definitely go with a phantom center or you can also use a 340 SE center as a temporary loaner until the STC is ready. I spent some time this weekend testing the 340 SE center with the Sierra Towers for another customer of ours and I was quite impressed with the results: D

That said, I must tell you that the STC is worth waiting for!

@davef

Hi Dave. Thanks for your response. I greatly appreciate your offer of the CMT340 SE as a loaner for the meantime before the STC is released. This is another great example of amazing customer service. Now all that's left is to decide on what finish my wife will approve for the basement. :)

Also to hear that the STC may go into production by the end of the week is great news!

Jonnyozero3
11-01-2011, 01:31 PM
....the STC may go into production by the end of the week...

I'm just going to pause, quote this, and then continue on my day feeling good. :)