PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using 5 sierra's?

jenkzy56
05-11-2011, 05:22 PM
just wondering if any folks have 5 sierra's as their 5.1 setup?
Is that overkill for HT usage?
I suppose its probably more appropriate for serious SACD or surround music
use.

i am asking because i placed an order for 340's in the front and 170's in the surround position for mostly HT duties but, upgrade-itis can be deadly LOL !
My mind is messing with me and telling me to go for the gusto before my better half shuts me down.

It might be a long time before I buy another set of speakers, i just don't want to sit in there and wonder "what if"

thoughts?

merrymaid520
05-11-2011, 07:38 PM
I had 5 sierras in my family room setup until recently. Now I have Ascend Towers with a sierra center and surrounds.

I would say just for HT it might be a touch overkill although with the latest lossless DTS-MA and Dolby TRueHD codecs on blu-ray, you will benefit some.

I also listen to Multi Ch music on occasion so for me, it was an easy decision. If you listen to any of the above and on occasion catch the nasty upgraditis bug, get sierras all around:D

Hope this helps,
Brandon

just wondering if any folks have 5 sierra's as their 5.1 setup?
Is that overkill for HT usage?
I suppose its probably more appropriate for serious SACD or surround music
use.

i am asking because i placed an order for 340's in the front and 170's in the surround position for mostly HT duties but, upgrade-itis can be deadly LOL !
My mind is messing with me and telling me to go for the gusto before my better half shuts me down.

It might be a long time before I buy another set of speakers, i just don't want to sit in there and wonder "what if"

thoughts?