PDA

View Full Version : Holy Ascend Acoustics Batman!!

Operajay
03-18-2011, 11:40 AM
OKAY, so today I had a pair of HTM-200SE (used) delivered. I just hooked them up with my three Sierra-1 fronts and my HSU vtf-3 mk2 sub. I'm listening to Mahler's 6th symphony. I was listening this morning before I had the surrounds connected. It is a TOTALLY different experience with the 5.1 setup. I think it gives much more of a symphony feel than having just the fronts. And I had thought it would be less like live music...

Here's my question. I currently have a Yamaha RX-V463 receiver.
I just want to know one thing...with the speakers set up as I have them, is this receiver going to blow out or is it capable? I really don't want to have to spend any more money, and I am satisfied with the sound I'm getting with this receiver.

Thanks!
Jay

soundseeker
03-21-2011, 11:48 AM
Your receiver can supply 105W/channel. That should be plenty of power for the average listener. How large of a room do you have? How far away from the speakers is your listening position? How loud do you want it to be? I think its all a question of SPL at your listening position and whether, at your typical volume setting the receiver still has enough headroom to play the peaks without clipping.