View Full Version : Ascend shipped me a scratched up Sierra-1!

Shedhunter
02-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Ordered 2 new main Sierra-1's plus a new Sierra-1 center speaker. All 3 speakers are are Espresso. The two mains are perfect, scratch free. When I took the center speaker out of the box, upon inspection, I noticed a lot of scratches on the bottom side of the center speaker, mainly around the edges. I took pics of the speaker, then put it right back in the box. Anyone else have this problem?:confused: Why did I receive a speaker in this condition?:confused: Where was Quality Control before they shipped this speaker to me? :(

It was a little difficult to take pics of this speaker, since they are fine scratches, but I have posted, so you can see for yourself. One picture was with flash, the other was without, so the color looks different. I will be sending it back once I hear back from Ascend Acoustics.

Galwin
02-14-2011, 05:27 PM
Shedhunter,

Rest assured, they'll take care of you.

Gov
02-14-2011, 06:49 PM
I am trying to figure out why you would even post here about this :confused:
Call Ascend and deal with the problem, not post about it here.

Sam1000
02-14-2011, 09:50 PM
I am trying to figure out why you would even post here about this :confused:
Call Ascend and deal with the problem, not post about it here.

+1.
To OP,
I got a B stock Sierra when it was introduce and even if I tried to look for scratches/imperfections, couldn't find any.Please contact Ascend.

dbollman
02-14-2011, 10:47 PM
I had B stock also, and although it looks like ups kicked it all the way upto canada, the double boxing worked fantastic and had no markings on then at all. Top marks Ascend!

Thanks again
Dave

shame on ups though

RicardoJoa
02-15-2011, 08:27 AM
If you want your matters sort out you should call ascend and not post it here. Now you made me think your intention of your post.

Shedhunter
02-15-2011, 03:30 PM
The intention is just to let people know that no company is perfect. I heard so many people have perfect speakers, then I order and received a scratched up one! Wouldn't you be a little confused to why you received one and no one else did? Of course I contacted Ascend, and sent photo's of the scratches. I'm sure things will turn out for the better.

davef
02-15-2011, 04:19 PM
Shed,

No one has ever claimed we are perfect, but when someone receives a shipment with a problem, a phone call is usually the best way to handle it as the situation will then get resolved promptly and quickly. We receive a huge amount of emails every day and to be fair to customers, we answer emails in the order they are received. I am going to assume that you are the same person I responded to by email yesterday, we don't know who you are by your forum name and we can not resolve the situation without knowing who you are.

That being said, I do understand your obvious disappointment and frustration. As to why you received a scratched center, I can not give you a definitive answer. If I could, then you would never have received it ;)

I see (2) possibilities here...

From examining your pictures, the scratches go in multiple directions and are only on that particular edge of the speaker. They do seem to correspond with the EPE foam packaging that we use for center speakers. The foam is quite abrasive and will easily scratch up the cabinet leaving marks exactly as you see in these pictures. I suspect that the speaker might not have been properly boxed or that the cotton bag that is used to protect the speaker finish from the foam packaging did not do its job as designed.

The other possibility is that you got a B-stock unit by mistake. I recall that we recently sent out some B-stock espresso Sierra-1 and perhaps the B-stock label that gets placed on the packaging was mistakenly placed on the A-stock unit (your unit) and the b-stock customer has a perfect unit.

Either way, we need to speak with you to verify some information so that we can take care of this for you promptly. We will await your phone call and again, I do apologize for this.

Mike^S
02-15-2011, 09:26 PM
You think that's bad, I once received a speaker from another internet direct speaker company with a big hole where the tweeter should have been! :eek:

jtostenr
02-20-2011, 07:58 PM
I had a similar experience. UPS put a nice gash in the box that nearly hit the speaker. If it weren't for the double-boxing, it would've been trashed.

Speakers were in perfect condition and have been loving them ever since :)

I had B stock also, and although it looks like ups kicked it all the way upto canada, the double boxing worked fantastic and had no markings on then at all. Top marks Ascend!

Thanks again
Dave

shame on ups though

ronbo
02-21-2011, 05:35 AM
Another possibility is there could have been some debris in the cotton bag. Stuff like this can happen from time to time with many companies. What really matters is how they follow up.