PDA

View Full Version : little feet to shim shimmy

jano
11-24-2010, 01:00 AM
I've got my sierra's laying horizontally, and need to lift up the backside just a wee bit to get a downward angle. Does anyone have suggestions of what to shim the backside up with, something sturdy? Backside will go up about 1/4-1/2 inch.

A friend mentioned using little rubber feet, but I cannot find anything good. The local hardware store and the home despot had those felt things with stickies on them, they also had little nylon feet but they aren't very stable when stacked up. Right now I'm using the boxes from my galli guitar strings, but I kind of need to change strings soon so that's not going to work..

Thanks for any help!

tdercole
11-24-2010, 03:46 AM
Do you have 2 center channel sierras, just wondering. I would use felt chair sliders, you can get them in home depot, they have all different thicknesses and should give you atleast 1/4 inch lift. what do you have them resting on?

DaveHo
11-24-2010, 07:52 AM
People frequently use rubber door stops to angle down high mounted center channels. Maybe that would work for you?

-Dave

jano
11-24-2010, 08:00 AM
tdercole, I have three sierras on the front.

Dave, the rubber stop idea is great! I just need to find one either a little lower/slimmer, or cut them down to size. The speakers are on shelves mounted into the wall. Soon as I finish painting (2 weeks), I'll be taking pictures and sharing the setup :) It worked out very well for me, despite not having an ideal room.

curtis
11-24-2010, 09:18 AM
Also lookup Auralex MoPads.