PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Whose ordering the NrT upgrade!

merrymaid520
11-10-2010, 03:44 PM
Just trying to get a feel for who all is planning to upgrade to the new NrT tweeter/crossover upgrade for the sierra-1.

Just thought it would be fun to know.......

:p

GirgleMirt
11-10-2010, 05:00 PM
Ha! I thought of making this exact poll a couple days ago... :D

Yeah I'm ordering a kit as soon as some technicalities are cleared up with Dina, it's a bit slow on the communication part but I think Ascend is a bit swamped...

merrymaid520
11-10-2010, 05:13 PM
After creating the poll, I realized I cannot vote for either category considering I am upgrading my sierras center to the Nrt and buying the towers:eek::D

I feel sorry for Dina and Dave about now.......phone ringing off the hook and emails piling in.

davef
11-10-2010, 05:19 PM
I feel sorry for Dina and Dave about now.......phone ringing off the hook and emails piling in.

It isn't too bad, we do actually have things under control :p Today Sal and Dina were prepping the packaging for the kits. I will post a picture of the tweeter and crossover later this evening.

davef
11-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Yeah I'm ordering a kit as soon as some technicalities are cleared up with Dina, it's a bit slow on the communication part but I think Ascend is a bit swamped...

Sorry about that... Your request is different so it requires a bit of research before we can provide the appropriate response.

GirgleMirt
11-10-2010, 05:41 PM
Yeah no problem! :) Not in any rush or anything, the Sierras as still working great. It's a funny hobby, the few people I've talked to about this and have heard the speakers look at me crooked and ask: "Why?"... And it's something that can't really be answered or explained...

merrymaid520
11-10-2010, 06:01 PM
It isn't too bad, we do actually have things under control :p Today Sal and Dina were prepping the packaging for the kits. I will post a picture of the tweeter and crossover later this evening.

Glad to hear....and maybe a pic of the final tower design:)

bk_856er
11-10-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm in for L/C/R NrT upgrades. Put in the pre-order as soon as I was able to! Hope to also consider the towers down the road.

BK

curtis
11-11-2010, 07:17 AM
I voted that I was planning on the NrT upgrade, but I am actually undecided between the upgrade and the tower. It all hinges on if I can get the tower to work in my room.

DavidD
11-11-2010, 12:34 PM
I voted that I was planning on the NrT upgrade, but I am actually undecided between the upgrade and the tower. It all hinges on if I can get the tower to work in my room.

Are you going to upgrade you center?

curtis
11-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Are you going to upgrade you center?
Yes...in either case, I would.

Mag_Neato
11-11-2010, 12:49 PM
I voted yes, going to upgrade to NrT's. The towers would definitely work, and if my finances were in better shape I would do that. As long as I have not actually heard the towers then I won't know what I'm missing!

Kucimat
11-11-2010, 02:47 PM
Already got my order in for L, C, R NrT upgrade kits. Gonna keep my other two Sierra-1s as such for surrounds in my 5-1 system.

TheDarkInsideTheKnight
11-11-2010, 06:31 PM
I voted yes since I got my order email yesterday evening and immediately put my order in for 3 kits.

MichaelG
11-11-2010, 10:35 PM
I'm also in the que for NrT upgrades for my L/C/R Sierras! The crazy thing is that I listen to the beautiful sound while watching TV, Movies and the CMA's and here I am upgrading! It is a sickness... one I fully embrace!:D

Sherlock
11-20-2010, 10:11 AM

Did that pic ever get posted?

P Seastrand
11-20-2010, 01:02 PM
Did that pic ever get posted?

Yes: http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/showthread.php?t=4392&page=26

Cork33
11-20-2010, 02:29 PM
Bought a L-C-R set of the recertified Bamboo Sierra's about a month ago and I'm loving them but I'll definately do the upgrade if only to see how they could get any better !! I'm a condo dweller and while I would love a subwoofer it's just not possible without complaints from the neighbors but the Sierra's provide enough great controlled bass that I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

By the way I would dare anyone to try to tell these recerts from brand new speakers, they are just gourgeous !! I was unsure about the Naturals compared to some of the premium finishes but I'm really happy that I'm cheap because they look as good as they sound.

I would have bought 5 of the recerts but I had to upgrade my receiver at the same time (picked up a Yamaha RX-Z7 for $999 at NewEgg). I'm planning on saving up for another 6-12 months and then getting the towers and moving the fronts to the back for the complete Sierra system !!

Kevin
"Cork33"