PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an Audition

smitty4ut
04-22-2010, 04:24 AM
The Frapper Map doesn't work when I click on it. Is anyone near Baltimore MD that would be willing to let me hear your Sierra-1's?

Thanks for any help

Tony

davef
04-26-2010, 05:31 PM
The Frapper Map doesn't work when I click on it. Is anyone near Baltimore MD that would be willing to let me hear your Sierra-1's?

That is odd -- what browser are you using?

SunByrne
04-26-2010, 11:42 PM
I get the same thing, no matter what browser I use. In fact, I get it for ANY address at frappr.com...

davef
04-27-2010, 12:03 AM
I get the same thing, no matter what browser I use. In fact, I get it for ANY address at frappr.com...

Not working for me either! I wonder if Frapper is done? Anyone know if Google Maps offers the same functionality, and if so, how to import the data from Frapper?

Don't you just love computers ;) I can hook up a pair of freshly made speakers to a vintage amplifier made in the 60's, using speaker cable that is older than I am -- and everything will work just fine.... Yet I have critical engineering software that I can no longer use on my new laptop because it is not compatible with Windows 7 :mad: I can't even connect to some of my engineering hardware because I have learned that most new computers don't even have parallel port connections. :eek:

My neighbors wonder why I have old computers all over the place...

Sorry for the rant :o

smitty4ut
04-27-2010, 08:05 AM
Well so far I have tried IE 6, and Mozilla on a Windows XP system. I have also tried the latest Safari, & Mozilla versions from my Mac at home. None of them work.

curtis
04-27-2010, 09:13 AM
looks like Frappr was acquired by Platial, but I don't know if they took on all the old Frappr maps.

mziegler
04-29-2010, 01:19 PM

Thanks for any help

Tony

So, where do you live?

smitty4ut
04-29-2010, 06:37 PM
So, where do you live?

Maryland. Near Baltimore

SunByrne
05-02-2010, 02:25 PM
I would also love to audition a pair of Sierra-1s. I live in the Houston area. (I tried PMing Quinn, but no response so far.)

smitty4ut
05-07-2010, 08:21 AM
I just order a pair of Sierra-1's yesterday evening, along with matching center and stands. They should be shipping today. I am looking to upgrade from my Paradigm Studio 60's V2. I am looking for a more natural and smoother sound. I am listening to more music now than I use to. I was wondering if setting my crossover at 60hz would be a good starting place. I have 2 subs already in my room, that seem to play well together. Any thoughts or help would be welcome.

Also thanks Dave for talking with me over the phone. Your advice and help was greatly appreciated. Also thank Dina for all of her help. Your staff is truly exceptional.

Thanks Tony:cool: