PDA

View Full Version : Which web development language is better.?

mikesleeve
02-05-2010, 11:49 PM
Hey,
I know Jsp and Servlets and a bit of .NET .I have even heard that RUBY is also amazing and easy to use language for web development. My question is:

Which is the latest ,best and nice language which i shouldd use for web development.

could u please help..

Thanks

drewface
02-06-2010, 05:05 PM
haha, the answer to this question could depend on a number of different things, especially the person who decides to answer you.

i feel the best answer is to do a little bit of research on the different languages you are considering, looking specifically at the features you wish to implement for the site you're building.

for what it's worth, i did quite a bit of .net development at a previous job and found it extremely easy to use for internal web applications (used only by the company's employees through a web browser) that access a lot of data. with ruby, i don't know many people who have tried it, but from what i have heard it is a joy to use. i don't have any experience with jsp and servlets...

good luck.

dmitchell
03-19-2010, 03:45 PM
I think it really depends on what you want to do. .NET and Java are, in my opinion, better suited for large, mission critical enterprise applications. For a personal website or even a business website it can be a bit of overkill. On top of that, Developing in .NET or Java (properly) requires an understanding of object oriented design and development, and web hosting for ASP.NET or JSP is generally more expensive than hosting for scripting languages like Ruby or even PHP. For a small website, PHP is definitely the way to go. Ruby Rails is pretty cool, but the last time I did any development in it (a few years back) there weren't many hosting companies offering services.

BinaryLinguist
03-22-2010, 11:31 AM
AJAX is one of the the big technologies in web development now as well. It isn't a language per se but more of a new paradigm or technique for combining existing web technologies for a richer user experience. It allows you to delve deeper in to JavaScript, XML, CSS, HTML, DOM, XSLT.