PDA

View Full Version : Sad day... Please be patient with us

davef
01-04-2010, 02:11 PM
Hi guys...

Many of you who have visited us have met Sal. He is our warehouse foreman and lead assembler and is a critical component of what makes our little company so special. He has been with me for almost 5 years now and my kids and my wife and I truly consider him part of our family.

We received some bad news this morning... Sal was hit by a truck while riding his bike late last week. He spent most of the holiday weekend in the hospital and since his cell phone was destroyed, we were not informed until this morning, when he literally hobbled to the office just to inform us so we would not worry.

The good news is that my dear friend is tough-as-nails and even though he is banged up almost to the point of non-recognition, he will make a full recovery (doctors said he is lucky to be alive as the truck was traveling full speed)

Obviously, this is going to set us back a bit on getting orders out in our typical 1-2 business day turnaround so please be patient with us.

And to my dear friend, you know we are here for you 100% and I promise I won't touch the Patron Silver until you return and are feeling better. In the meantime, we will check up on you daily and make sure you are well fed :)

Rest up and heal well....

curtis
01-04-2010, 02:51 PM
Wow!! Bad news for sure.

Sal...hope the soreness and pain are not too bad. Get well soon.

indulger
01-04-2010, 04:03 PM
Wow, that's almost as bad as getting hit by a truck!:eek: Doh, a Homer moment:o
I haven't had the pleasure of meeting Sal, but I am sure a lot of people out there are enjoying the fruits of his labor. Here's to a quick recovery!

PS, I'm not one of those people!! I was the goof ball who ordered his speakers on Dec 24th, just in time for the double Holiday layover!! Good news is, they just arrived in town this afternoon, so delivery is inevitable!!

STRONGBADF1
01-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Get well soon, Sal!

RCDAVE
01-04-2010, 07:18 PM
Get well soon, Sal. I wish you a speedy recovery, so that you can fill my orders soon lol j/k man. Best wishes.

bdfin
01-04-2010, 10:57 PM
Man Dave, that is just awful. It sounds like he was really lucky to make it at all, he must be one tough dude. Please wish him well. When he recovers and can come back to work I'll buy another set of speakers.

arkiedan
01-05-2010, 05:08 AM
Sorry to hear that. I pray Sal is up and about and pain-free soon.

Hobbling around is good in this case - far better than the alternative.

arkiedan

DougMac
01-05-2010, 07:28 AM
Hope you recover soon, Sal.

Props to you Dave to be so supportive of your staff. I consider a day or two delay of shipment a minor inconvenience, far less important than doing business with a stand up company run by a stand up guy.

debo
01-05-2010, 08:33 AM
All my best Sal...get well soon!

davef
01-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Thanks Guys!

I will be printing this thread and giving it to Sal :)