PDA

View Full Version : Is my center a different color?

pj-
12-11-2009, 11:16 AM
I've had them for 5 months and I just noticed this..

First the pics:
http://i45.tinypic.com/2vcte69.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/163us1.jpg

First pic shows my center next to one of my mains.

Now, my excuses for not noticing this before:
1. The center came on a different day, so I didn't unbox them at the same time
2. I usually keep the blinds closed, and they look basically the same in the dark
3. When the blinds are open, the windows are positioned such that direct light doesn't usually hit them all at the same time, which you can kind of see in the second pic.
4. I'm not too smart

My packing slips are somewhere around here, but I believe they both say espresso, even though my center is looking more and more like cherry. What do you guys think?

davef
12-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Hi PJ,

It certainly does look a bit like your center is dark cherry and that we might have mislabeled one of the shipping boxes :(

I will say there might be very slight variations in the hue from one speaker to another in the same finish - but certainly not that much.

Please give us a call when you some free time...

Thanks!

jeryruse
12-14-2009, 09:15 AM
Hello,
Thanks for sharing its look great !
:)

pj-
12-15-2009, 09:03 PM
Hi PJ,

It certainly does look a bit like your center is dark cherry and that we might have mislabeled one of the shipping boxes :(

I will say there might be very slight variations in the hue from one speaker to another in the same finish - but certainly not that much.

Please give us a call when you some free time...

Thanks!

Thanks for confirming my suspicion.

I probably won't call until after the holidays, if that's OK. It's not a pressing issue and we're all busy this time of year with more important stuff.

davef
12-18-2009, 10:39 AM
Thanks for confirming my suspicion.

I probably won't call until after the holidays, if that's OK. It's not a pressing issue and we're all busy this time of year with more important stuff.

Sounds reasonable. Give us a call or send me an email when you are ready.

Happy Holidays!