PDA

View Full Version : Ohm Acoustics - Walsh Drivers

chicubs
12-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Howdy Fellow Ascend-heads,

Have any you given a listen to Ohm Acoustics speakers? Units with Walsh drivers of course. I definitely do not have cash for more gear but the speaker type is intriguing and I am posing the question out of pure curiosity. Are there certain inherent problems with this driver type, e.g. the lack of punch in electrostatics? Their new thousand series has been out for a bit, and the brand seems to have Ascend-like fanatics. Also I seem to remember a Sierra-1 reviewer making a comparison to the Microwalsh Talls.

Happy Holidays and to any Cubs fans 2010 is the year!

davef
12-15-2009, 12:03 AM
Howdy Fellow Ascend-heads,

Have any you given a listen to Ohm Acoustics speakers? Units with Walsh drivers of course. I definitely do not have cash for more gear but the speaker type is intriguing and I am posing the question out of pure curiosity. Are there certain inherent problems with this driver type, e.g. the lack of punch in electrostatics? Their new thousand series has been out for a bit, and the brand seems to have Ascend-like fanatics. Also I seem to remember a Sierra-1 reviewer making a comparison to the Microwalsh Talls.

Happy Holidays and to any Cubs fans 2010 is the year!

Ohm Acoustics has been one of the few brands that I have not had the privilege of listening to. I will say that I have heard very good comments from owners and industry professionals.

Sorry I could not be of more help...