PDA

View Full Version : SP-30 Stands and 340SE's

Gov
11-11-2009, 07:07 AM
Anyone using these stands with their 340's? Would it be alright to use this stand with the 340's?

Thanks

davef
11-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Anyone using these stands with their 340's? Would it be alright to use this stand with the 340's?

Thanks

We do have a few customers using SP-30 with 340's. Personally, I think they are a bit high and a 24" stand is more appropriate. All depends on your listening position :)

Gov
11-12-2009, 04:52 AM
Thanks Dave! I will be placing an order for one or the other very soon :D

curtis
11-12-2009, 08:03 AM
Thanks Dave! I will be placing an order for one or the other very soon :D
Gov, what are you using now for stands?

Gov
11-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Gov, what are you using now for stands?

I have ordered a Panny Plasma and am rearranging the room. My trust Sony CRT is on the blink so I will be retiring it :(
Anyway, for my L main I have been using a B-Tech BT77 mount up a bit to high, but angled down. The R main I have sitting on my equipment stand which will also be retired when the new plasma comes.
I am torn between these two stands. My wife kinda likes the SP-30's a bit better than the pedestals. I know I can get the SP-24's directly from the manufacture too.

curtis
11-12-2009, 10:34 AM
I have ordered a Panny Plasma and am rearranging the room. My trust Sony CRT is on the blink so I will be retiring it :(
Anyway, for my L main I have been using a B-Tech BT77 mount up a bit to high, but angled down. The R main I have sitting on my equipment stand which will also be retired when the new plasma comes.
I am torn between these two stands. My wife kinda likes the SP-30's a bit better than the pedestals. I know I can get the SP-24's directly from the manufacture too.
Ahh...I had thought you were using a wall mount.

The best thing the Ascend TP-24 has going for it is the ability to fasten the 340 to it. Something that should not be overlooked because of the 340's size/shape.

I am willing to bet that when you get the speakers mounted on stands, at the same height, and away from the wall, you will notice some positive changes.

Gov
11-12-2009, 06:13 PM
Ordered a pair of B-Stock TP-24's from Dina tonight! Thanks Dina!

Gov
11-21-2009, 07:26 AM
Got my TP-24 stands yesturday. When I spoke to Dina about them since they were b-stock, she told me that they had some "milky white" blemishes that made them b-stock. Well, when they arrived neither my wife nor I really found any imperfections with them ;)
Kudo's again to the Ascend family for making me one happy customer :D
BTW, I love the stands, and yes now that I have my 340SE's away from the walls and much lower to ground they really sound awesome!!