PDA

View Full Version : Pics of Sierra's on TP-24 stands

bluemando
10-30-2009, 10:19 AM
I'm considering which color Sierra 1 would look best on-top of my black tower speakers. I looked at the owners photo gallery to get an idea of what the new finishes look like on Ascends TP 24 stands; I figure that that combo would have a similar look as the Sierra's sitting on my towers. There are no postings at the gallery of that sort, so if anyone has does have such a setup, Id appreciate it if you posted some pics here, or perhaps send me an email. Don't bother suggesting that I consider piano black.... I'm sick to death of black loudspeakers :o)... Cherry, black cherry, or espresso, sitting on-top of TP 24's or (even better!) on top of black tower speakers... that would be great. It might help me make up my mind --and maybe others as well-- about which color
to pick.

Thanks
gcc

bluemando
11-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Okay, I suspect nobody has the new finished speaker/TP-25 combo, so no pics will be forthcoming. Certainly, it's a subjective thing; but, even so, does anyone have an opinion as to what might look best. I'm especially curious as to what people who have one of the *new finishes* think about the matter, but other opinions are also welcome. I can't make up my mind and won't order until I can decide.

Thanks
gcc

davef
11-02-2009, 11:10 PM
Okay, I suspect nobody has the new finished speaker/TP-25 combo, so no pics will be forthcoming. Certainly, it's a subjective thing; but, even so, does anyone have an opinion as to what might look best. I'm especially curious as to what people who have one of the *new finishes* think about the matter, but other opinions are also welcome. I can't make up my mind and won't order until I can decide.

Thanks
gcc

Hi Blue,

We have many customers using our TP-24 stands with Sierra-1. Many like the look, others prefer a more typical speaker stand. I suppose we can take some pics for you -- what finish are you most interested in?

bluemando
11-03-2009, 01:30 PM
Hi Dave. I'm having a heck of a time figuring out which speakers I want for my small bedroom (11 x 10 1/2 x 8). A couple of years ago I bought a pair of Magnepans (MMG's) for $600 + ship. They completely overwhelmed my bedroom, and were impossible to image as well. So I use them in my living room where they are wonderful. I admit that I am reluctant to spend more than what I spent for the MMG's.

I'm concerned that the Sierra 1 may render overpowering bass, which is not something I want for listening to classical music. Anyway, I'm thinking that at least I should get the color scheme sorted out in my mind, before giving the Sierra 1's a try (in case I decide to keep them ;o) Again, I'm admit I'm adverse to spending so much hard earned scratch in this uncertain times. I have the MMG's and a average sounding pr. of KEF Q-15 (I've go the older model which I'm told is not as good as the iQ15's with better drivers. Anyway, if you could supply some pics of the B stock "naturals" (we discussed this already) that would be great. Also, I'd like to tempt myself with the cherry, and natural cherry, so perhaps you could manage that as well?

Thanks
gcc

curtis
11-03-2009, 02:00 PM
FWIW, IMO, the Sierra's bass capability is not overpowering, it is accurate.

If you have a situation where the room/positioning is accentuating the bass, you can try using one of the Q-plugs to tune it.

buddhadas
11-03-2009, 10:19 PM
I had the MMG's for a brief time as well, but like you they took up too much room, plus I needed a sub with them. I really liked them as speakers go, but I LOVE my Sierra's for 2 channel music. Curtis is right, the Sierra's produce bass they way it was intended IMHO. Once I got the Sierra's dialed in, my seemingly never ending speaker search came to an end.:D

Peace,

Jim

bluemando
11-04-2009, 06:56 AM
I had the MMG's for a brief time as well, but like you they took up too much room, plus I needed a sub with them.

For me, in my bedroom, the MMG's had a "standing wave" that completely filled up the right corner of the room. Nothing I could do in the way of repositioning would get rid of it without also effecting the imagining. Total disappointment... but, as I said, when I moved them to a larger room --a medium sized living room-- they sounded great. There's enough bass for most classical music, but certainly not low organ music. And, in other genres the bass guitar and low synthesizer frequencies needs some help. I'm not interested in HT so thundering bass is far from being a priority.
[/QUOTE]

... Once I got the Sierra's dialed in, my seemingly never ending speaker search came to an end.:D
Peace, Jim

Oh, how I look forward to that day!

Thanks
gcc