PDA

View Full Version : Oh No! NO Bass HELP!!!

dbarsantee
09-27-2009, 12:46 PM
Hello All,

I have a 340 L/C/R set up and after moving about a month ago, I went to set up my amazing sounding 340's.

I am powering with denon 3805

I hooked up everything and the right and center sound good, the left is tweeter only!!!

I have adjusted my settings as much as I know it is not my connections or setting with the reciever.

I have made sure the bars that attach from the 4 posts are connected tight.

I have even take out the bars and hooked ONLY to the woofer two and NOTHING.

Any hints??????? Please Help!!!

curtis
09-27-2009, 01:16 PM
seems like something internally got disconnected in the left speaker.

Swap the left and right speakers and see what happens.

Mike^S
09-27-2009, 01:18 PM
Try swapping it with the right speaker and see what happens. If the problem follows the speaker, then probably something happened to it during the move. Try giving Dave a call at tech support.

Mike^S
09-27-2009, 01:19 PM
Damnit! Somehow Curtis always beats me to the punch. :p

dbarsantee
09-27-2009, 05:01 PM
well, bad news.... i took the right speaker (sounded great) and switched it to the left and tweeter only. Damn....

will call in the morning...im really bummed!

it will cost more to fix and the speaker is worth...

curtis
09-27-2009, 05:39 PM
well, bad news.... i took the right speaker (sounded great) and switched it to the left and tweeter only. Damn....

Hold on...the speaker that sounded great, also only has the tweeter working when on the left side? Then that is a receiver problem.

Otherwise, if it is a bad connection in the speaker, it should be pretty reasonable to fix.

dbarsantee
09-27-2009, 05:45 PM
Sorry! My disappointment made me write incorrectly. When I switched the right speaker to the left....sounded great left as well....

urg!!!

Mike^S
09-27-2009, 10:05 PM
The cost to fix depends on exactly what the problem is. It may not cost much at all.

buddhadas
09-27-2009, 11:30 PM
I have the same receiver, and a while back had the same problem. I know this sounds stupid, but try unplugging the power to the receiver for a few minutes, then go back and re-calibrate all the speakers, that worked for me.

Jim

davef
09-28-2009, 12:33 AM

As posted on AVS just a short while ago:

Wow -- I am so sorry to hear this! I have certainly had my fair share of moving nightmares

Step 1 -- remove the grille frame and physically inspect the woofers on the suspect 340 SE. Is there any physical damage on the woofers or cabinet?

Also, gently push on the center of the woofer cone (along the perimeter of the fixed phase plug) -- do the woofers freely move in and out?

Please let me know....

Thanks!