PDA

View Full Version : Need to Shorten 340 Stands

musicforme
07-26-2009, 11:54 AM
We're due to move into our next house in the next couple of weeks. The house has a built-in entertainment center which the 340's and the Ascend stands are too tall for.

I'd like to shorten the height of the 340 stands if possible so they'll fit in the entertainment center. I don't have the measurements easily at hand. I'm looking to see if anyone has modified their height of their stands before, and what hardware you used to do it.

http://img.skitch.com/20090726-fh9dswd683baiu7tyr9p1qft9i.jpg

curtis
07-26-2009, 07:51 PM
If you can avoid it, don't put them(or any other speaker) in the entertainment center.

If you have to, you might be better off just getting new stands.

musicforme
07-26-2009, 08:58 PM
Worst case scenario, I'll put the 340s in the center w/o the stands until I can find some suitable stands.

If I were to put the 340s outside of the center, then I wouldn't have room for my subwoofer too. This entertainment center is the thing I like the least about our house. I'd rip it out if we could, but then we'd have the challenge of finding tile to match what is used on the first floor of the house.

indulger
07-27-2009, 04:58 PM
Take out the shelves and just leave the base of the entertainment center. Carpet the base then you just have to paint the walls. Leaves option for plasma, rear projection screen or big screen/projector.