PDA

View Full Version : NY Metro Area

m3guy
06-19-2009, 09:02 AM
Hello, I'm from the NY metro area. I don't know if this is the right forum, but where can I audition Sierras around here? If this is posted in the wrong section, could someone please point me to the right place? Thank you

davef
06-22-2009, 05:18 PM
Hello, I'm from the NY metro area. I don't know if this is the right forum, but where can I audition Sierras around here? If this is posted in the wrong section, could someone please point me to the right place? Thank you

Hi m3guy,

Welcome to our forum!

Our products are sold factory direct here in the US. We do not have any retailers or distributors. While this makes auditioning somewhat more difficult, it does allow you to purchase our products without a retail markup so you are getting a better product at better pricing :)

We do offer a 30-day satisfaction guarantee so that you can try our products in your own home, on your own time, and with your electronics -- which is really the only way to audition loudspeakers. If you are not satisfied, you can return for refund.

We also have a group of customers who are willing to audition their speakers. Note, these customers do not receive any incentives, they do so out of their love for the hobby. You can check the list here (http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/showthread.php?t=1427) or simply post an audition request in our forum.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

m3guy
06-22-2009, 05:25 PM
Thank you. I am unsure which section of the forum I can ask about auditioning them. I am not ready to buy at the moment. Hopefully by the end of the year I will have enough saved up.

I have read a lot of great accolades about your speakers. I still would like to be able to listen to them first before I buy them. I have auditioned the Paradigm Studio 20 and the Bowers and Wilkens CM5. I am leaning towards the Studios out of those 2 mainly because I don't hear a $300 difference in those two.

Between the Studios 20 and the Ascend Sierra, I am leaning towards the Sierra at the moment. I just really need to hear them for me to decide. Thank you.

vandy23
06-23-2009, 11:39 AM
m3guy,

This probably won't help directly but I throw it out to you anyway.

I own 340s across the front with 170s in the rear. I realize that you are looking at the Sierras but at least you could see the excellent build quality of the Ascends and sample the sound.

I live in north Jersey, so if you are interested at some point please let me know.

m3guy
06-23-2009, 11:50 AM
m3guy,

This probably won't help directly but I throw it out to you anyway.

I own 340s across the front with 170s in the rear. I realize that you are looking at the Sierras but at least you could see the excellent build quality of the Ascends and sample the sound.

I live in north Jersey, so if you are interested at some point please let me know.

Thank you for the offer. I work 6 days a week so I am going to try to make some time to get out to jersey. I would prefer to see the sierra though.

Would the 340s be enough for a 12 x 17 x 9.5 room? I haven't read much on any of the ascend speakers, just the sierra. Thank you.

vandy23
06-23-2009, 12:37 PM
My room is 23x14x10+ so I don't think you should have a problem with the 340s. I am not sure about the difference between the two but I am sure Dave could guide you in the right direction depending upon what you are looking for.

m3guy
06-23-2009, 12:41 PM
Thank you for the reply. I will try to give davef a call when I have enough money saved up. I am trying to have enough for at least 2.0 or 2.1 by Xmas this year. And the rest of the set up some time next year.