PDA

View Full Version : Ascend is saying goodbye....... to LA

davef
04-17-2009, 03:59 PM
It has been in the works for nearly 6 months now, but today marks our very last "official" business day at our Gardena headquarters...

I am a bit sad as we have been here for 8 (9?) years now but.......

I am so very pleased to say that we are moving our headquarters down south to beautiful San Clemente in Orange County. We will be up in the mountains and only about 3 miles from the beach, with stunning views in all directions and lots of parking...

San Clemente is about halfway between Los Angeles and San Diego and for those unfamiliar with the area -- it is paradise.

Our beautiful new facility is about the same size but with a much better layout. We have BIG plans... including opening up to the general public for demos / auditions and having more of a brick and mortar retail presence. We receive hundreds of requests for live demos/auditions etc and our current facility was simply not accommodating. In addition to a large warehouse and a lower level reception area and demo area, when fully completed we will have a bit over 1200 square of feet of dedicated loft space that will be used for engineering, product development, public blind listening tests (something I am still considering) and something I am keeping secret for now…

Construction / finishing should be completed this Monday and we *hope* to be fully moved in by Wednesday, April 22nd.

Our new address will be:

Ascend Acoustics, Inc.
934 Calle Negocio, Ste. D
San Clemente, CA 92673

Phone: (949) 366-1455 (new phones lines are not quite functional yet and the old number will work for at least several months)
Fax remains the same (310) 388-1500

We don’t expect any interruptions as we have planned this move well in advance.

I have attached a few pictures taken about a month ago. Things look more complete now and I will post more pics as we get settled in.

Nearly everything is containerized now, aside for finished goods we have left out in anticipation of fulfilling orders – and since our containers are now full, I feel it makes more sense to sell these than have to tranport them..

Stay tuned for a limited time and limited quantity moving sale on 340 SE and 170 SE package systems.

We will certainly miss Los Angeles and for those customers that were local to us – we are only about an hour south and the new facility, new location and the general area are well worth the drive (trust me)

… And don’t forget to bring a beach towel ;)

jk121764
04-17-2009, 05:26 PM
Very nice! :)

buddhadas
04-17-2009, 08:04 PM
I Love that area!
Enjoy Dave. :D

jvillas
04-17-2009, 08:42 PM
Congratulations on your new home. Sounds like some very exciting things are happening at Ascend Acoustics these days. You can have your meetings and lunch at the beach,Yeah!. Best to you Dave, and everyone at Acsend Acoustics.

curtis
04-17-2009, 09:09 PM
ahhh...no more 15 minute drive to Ascend for me!

But San Clemente is much nicer than Gardena. Congratulations!

Jonnyozero3
04-17-2009, 09:41 PM
Wait wait! Lemme do the math...it's now about uh...oh...shoot. A couple days drive.

Damn.

No really, congrats Dave. Looks great :)

mziegler
04-18-2009, 07:40 AM
Any chance you wil have an open house one day?

My sister in law used to live there. Great area. Good schools too.

Dread Pirate Robert
04-18-2009, 08:57 AM
Sounds fantastic--congratulations! It's so nice of you to meet me halfway, geographically. ;)

GirgleMirt
04-18-2009, 06:29 PM
And it looks like you have a nice view! Enjoy! :)

jk121764
04-18-2009, 09:30 PM
Is Ascend the last company left in California?

Ouch......uncalled for.......way over the top..... :p

lokimydog
04-19-2009, 07:44 AM
There goes my status of living closest to Ascend. Congrats on the new facility.

Galwin
04-19-2009, 08:08 AM
Contratulations on the move, David! Sounds like a sign of a vibrant business. Wish you continued success.

Gov
04-19-2009, 06:32 PM
You need to move out closer to Chicago, Dave :D
Anyways, congrats on the move if it makes your company even better!

davef
04-19-2009, 10:18 PM
Thanks so much for the kind wishes! I am hoping it will be an easy transition but things never really go as planned. Our new office phone # is still not connected properly, don't even get me started regarding customer service from ATT :mad: Our old number will remain functional and forward to us directly, at least until we get the phone situation resolved. Thankfully, internet access seems OK so far.

Any chance you wil have an open house one day?

My sister in law used to live there. Great area. Good schools too.

An open house is a great idea - we hadn't really thought about it and right now, it is difficult to plan more than a few days in advance. However, you (and anyone else) are always welcome anytime.

Schools here are top-notch and one of the primary reasons we have left Los Angeles. New school is walking distance (and I can use the exercise ;) )

Is Ascend the last company left in California?

Ouch......uncalled for.......way over the top..... :p

Ha -- California might be in a bad spot these days but we are not to that level.... yet :o

scape
04-20-2009, 04:55 AM
congrats, that area sounds fantastic. I was trying to move out to san diego myself-- tad expensive, haha. talk about reducing the stress levels from LA to this clemente place; cheers!
ps: att blows! in south fl. that is all there is, complete monopoly.

drewface
04-20-2009, 08:50 PM
congrats dave and co.! sounds like a nice place.

BGHD
04-21-2009, 09:19 PM
Congrats. BIG upgrade from where I picked up my first set years back at the smaller suite in the Gardena location. Cool.

M3_Pete
04-27-2009, 11:19 AM
San Clemente is very nice, I have friends who used to live down there. Way down in southern OC, beautiful weather, etc. Kind of a small town feel to it.

Besides, where else can you live where the town mascot is Sam Clam? (or at least it used to be, I can't seem to find him on the web anywhere)

You ought to be well settled in for the Seafest in October, it's a highlight for the community. (and where I used to see Sam Clam)

I have to say though, undertaking a big move and expansion in this economic climate is a bold stroke. I certainly wish you the very best.

rpb
05-01-2009, 11:40 AM
congrats on the new office space!

with me being in San Diego, this just brings Ascend closer to me. muahaha! looking forward to planning a time to visit the new digs and listen to some great speakers.

muzz
05-16-2009, 05:07 PM
Well it looks like all things aren't so bad after all!!

GL in your new digs Dave-

G

clarke68
05-19-2009, 02:29 PM
Congrats on the move!

We vacation in San Diego just about every year...it will be so much easier for me to come by, bug you, and waste your time. I can't wait! :p

mziegler
05-19-2009, 05:13 PM
A great move for you and your family. I'm glad we were in the same area and met you and your family.

We all know there is no correlation between the quality of a product and our "personal" connection with the owner and designer of that product. :rolleyes:

Still, you should expect a visit from me and, perhaps, Curtis and Mike.

davef
05-22-2009, 04:21 PM
Congrats on the move!

We vacation in San Diego just about every year...it will be so much easier for me to come by, bug you, and waste your time. I can't wait! :p

I always enjoy being bugged... :p :D

A great move for you and your family. I'm glad we were in the same area and met you and your family.

We all know there is no correlation between the quality of a product and our "personal" connection with the owner and designer of that product. :rolleyes:

Still, you should expect a visit from me and, perhaps, Curtis and Mike.

I too am glad we got to meet :) and of course, my friends and our customers have no say whatsoever in the quality and performance of our products. ;) .... We wouldn't be here if it weren't for the continuous feedback. :)

Come down anytime, bring some beers and a beach towel!

muzz
05-23-2009, 04:11 PM
The ONLY place I've ever been to in Cali was San Diego......I ummmmmmm wuvved it verrry much...........

Lucky bastages I tell ya!!!