PDA

View Full Version : Need help putting together TP-24 stands.

ojready
12-12-2008, 03:41 PM
Hi. I just got my new Sierras and stands today. I'm in the process of assembling the stands, but I have a question. The screws (1 5/8 ones)....am I supposed to screw those into the tiny holes in the bottom of the main tower? I assume that is how they are connected but I don't want to screw it up (no pun intended). I am the opposite of handy, so keep that in mind. The stands came with instructions, but they are only written and I think I'd benefit from some visuals. Is there a more detailed manual?

I know I need to screw them up through the base part but am not sure if I should go into the wood of the actual stand part. Also, how do I line up the holes?

Thanks

GirgleMirt
12-12-2008, 04:04 PM
You only have one kind of screw for the stands anyhow no? Can't really get mixed up... You should have 8 screws, 8 spikes and 8 foams.

So yeah the holes are for you to screw the screws in... For alignment, put the base on top of the stands (upside down), then put the screws in the hole and move around until the screws are in the hole, then tighten, then screw spikes and woila, you got stands!

Just make sure you screw the base on the right side.. (both upside/down and front/back)

ojready
12-12-2008, 04:22 PM
thanks. I think I got it. I just wasn't sure how to line up the holes for the wood screws. I got one and then the others lined up. One is done. Good stuff:)