PDA

View Full Version : Review on AVS

AnthemAVM
11-10-2008, 07:50 PM
Hey Curtis,

Came over to check things out, after your review at EHX.

This was just posted over at AVS.

Just got a pair of Rythmik 15 SE's from ascend.

They are set up about 8 feet apart on both sides of my couch that is centered in my HT in front of plasma TV.
Audyessy ran setup perfections, dialed in the correct distance for the subs and set the output levels perfect after I gain matched the subs with an SPL meter and the receivers test tones.

Let me just say that Audyessy combined with Sealed subs for HT is a match made in heaven. My PC-Ultra and MBM-12 combo would bottom out during the Tank Pulse scene in the incredible Hulk. Not anymore. Pushed for 5 more db's in that scene with no bottoming out.

Dynamic EQ is amazing paired with these subs.

Are these in stock in LA yet, maybe I can get a loaner pair to try out.

curtis
11-11-2008, 12:34 AM
Hey Anthem...it was good hanging out with you guys at EHX.

Given that Dave is with family right now, I am not sure if they are in stock in Gardena yet.

I don't think a pair of the 15's will have the same output as your PB13U's, but I can assure you they will sound different. We will have to see if it is to your liking, especially since dual F113's didn't do the trick.

AnthemAVM
11-11-2008, 07:11 AM
Hey Anthem...it was good hanging out with you guys at EHX.

Given that Dave is with family right now, I am not sure if they are in stock in Gardena yet.

I don't think a pair of the 15's will have the same output as your PB13U's, but I can assure you they will sound different. We will have to see if it is to your liking, especially since dual F113's didn't do the trick.

I always get worried about sealed subs in my room, but might be worth a try.

jedi.night
11-11-2008, 08:23 PM
FYI,
that mini review over on AVS was me.
Haven't had the chance to fool around and do more listening yet, but will later in the week. check back.

Jedi.