PDA

View Full Version : Asking for your patience and prayers...

davef
11-10-2008, 05:55 PM
A battle of historical proportions is coming to an end...

My dear father, a true warrior in every sense of the word, has emerged victorious. At this point, he has less than a few days at best but I consider his 5 year battle against this all-consuming enemy, cancer, a victory for him. He has done everything humanly possible to live. Most others in his situation would have given up years ago. Even now, as he rests peacefully in his bed while the strongest pain killers known to man drip into his blood, he refuses to let go.

A gentle squeeze from his hardened hand, a subtle grin - he lets us know in his way that he is still with us -- still fighting.

His hospice nurses are amazed at his strength; his doctor's at Sloan Kettering have called him their personal hero. In his time of transition, he has taught me what it truly means to live, what is important --- what truly matters.

Though there are many tears being shed, an equal number of smiles and giggles emerge from the young grandkids, the reason for my father's iron will to live.

Please be patient with us for the next week or so. Shipping should continue as normal but technical phone inquiries and emails might be delayed by a few days.

Thank you in advance for your understanding and patience. You are my extended family and the source of much of my strength -- and I need every last ounce of it so that I can be strong for my mother and my children.

Kind wishes to all of you...

kylem
11-10-2008, 08:29 PM
Dave,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this trying time.

~kyle

Omanian
11-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Dave,

You and your family would be remembered in our prayers

George

GameSetMatch
11-10-2008, 09:37 PM
Dave,

The music can wait. Best Wishes.

- Bruce

curtis
11-11-2008, 12:20 AM
Dave,

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Take your time, this place can wait.

Let me know if you need anything.

debo
11-11-2008, 04:57 PM
Your strength is from his strength, carry it with you always.

sbeveraggi
11-11-2008, 05:29 PM
My thoughts are with you and your family, David.
Santiago

soundfreak38
11-11-2008, 05:52 PM
Dave, I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Your Dad sounds like a real trooper. Sadly, my Mom has this disease as well. In fact, she is back in the hospital as we speak. For some reason, she just can't keep nothing down and refuses to eat. Radiation therapy has been really hard on her. :(:( Chemo is awaiting her once she is out of the hospital. However, my Mom is a lot like your Dad in that they both are fighters. Please accept my condolences. May GOD bless all of you. Maybe some day, GOD will allow mankind to put an end to this terrible disease.

Cheers,

Phil

GirgleMirt
11-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Best wishes to you and your family :(

Down
11-11-2008, 09:07 PM
Best wishes to you and your family :(x2

I don't get to this forum much so I just saw this news. Can't believe you found the time to reply to emails earlier today.

Take care.

drewface
11-12-2008, 08:15 AM
Dave, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Take all the time you need to be with them, and let us know if there is anything we can do to help. God bless.

scape
11-12-2008, 08:44 AM
I'd like to say something witty and true but you have probably talked and thought upon this situation from every angle, also I'm not that witty to begin with; needless to say, please accept a warm virtual hug :)

BradJudy
11-12-2008, 10:31 AM
My best wishes to you and your family during this difficult time. Take care of each other.

DougMac
11-12-2008, 10:38 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Doug

buddhadas
11-12-2008, 10:38 AM
Dave,

You and your family remain in my prayers.

Peace,

Jim

ebh
11-12-2008, 11:06 AM
Dave, best wishes to you and your family in this difficult time.

pegleg
11-13-2008, 07:02 AM
Dave,
I'll add my best wishes to those here, as well.
God bless.

Bob (Pegleg)

MichaelG
11-13-2008, 06:51 PM
Dave, you and your family are in our prayers.

Michael

merrymaid520
11-13-2008, 07:19 PM
Best wishes to you and your loved ones Dave during these difficult times.

Take care,

Brandon

jvillas
11-14-2008, 09:00 AM
Dave, please take as much time as you feel you need. You, and your family will be in my prayers.

Eddie Horton
11-14-2008, 10:14 AM
The prayers of my family are with yours. May God bless you and your family during this time.

muzz
11-14-2008, 01:18 PM
Dave,

Tell your Dad and your family that you are all in our prayers.

We have all hoped against this, but alas The Warrior is being summoned to a better place, and I truly believe that, considering the circumstances.
I hope for a speedy recovery for the rest of the family.

Take care.

Your Friend Always,

Gary

ccotenj
11-15-2008, 05:24 PM
dave,

you are in our thoughts and minds here. even though at times it may seem impossible, i know that you will be able to have the strength to support your family members in what is the most difficult of times.

chris

Gov
11-15-2008, 06:43 PM
Dave,

Thoughts and prayers to your family, and god bless!

davef
11-15-2008, 11:17 PM
Thanks for all of your kind words and support.

We lost my father on Friday. I held his hand as he took his last breath and we were blessed with a peaceful passing. We miss him dearly but the tremendous pain and suffering he endured for us has ended and I believe he is at peace...

Rabbi R.
11-16-2008, 07:25 AM
Ah man just read this thread and would like to wish you and your family my deepest condolance. Stuff like this can sure put life in a different perspective sometimes. I'm not big into religion but my prayers are with you.

buddhadas
11-16-2008, 09:20 AM
Dave, You and your family will remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Peace,

Jim

STRONGBADF1
11-16-2008, 03:13 PM
Dave and family,

I will keep you in my thoughts and may your life get back to as close as normal as possible.

Take care,
Doug

sensibull
11-16-2008, 05:41 PM
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

-Dylan Thomas

Omanian
11-16-2008, 09:03 PM
My heart felt condolences

George

rpb
11-17-2008, 04:21 PM
My condolences to you and your family. You all will be in my prayers.

soundfreak38
11-17-2008, 06:51 PM
Dave, I am so very sorry for your loss. Please accept my condolences. I will be praying my heart out for you and your family. If there is anything I can do please let me know. May God bless you and your family Dave.

Cheers,

Phil

Galwin
11-18-2008, 04:50 AM
Dave,

I'm very sorry about your loss. My condolences to you and your family - I will keep you all in my prayers.

Jim

Gov
11-18-2008, 06:09 AM
Dave,

I'm deeply sorry for your great loss. May god bless you and yours in this difficult time.

kylem
11-18-2008, 06:43 AM
So sorry to hear about this Dave. I'm sure it's a relief in a way, but I'm also sure it can't compare to the loss your feeling. You and your family are in my prayers.

sbeveraggi
11-18-2008, 09:15 AM
Very sorry for your loss David...
I can see you enjoyed each others company very much, and in a way you certainly will continue to.
Santiago

AMG_Roadster
11-19-2008, 04:44 PM
Dave-

I am so very sorry to hear about your loss.

My father passed away 2 years ago so I understand what you are going through.

Good luck with everything.

durango9898
11-24-2008, 01:42 PM
Hi Dave,

I am very sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

Regards,
Srinu

davef
12-17-2008, 01:28 AM
Thanks to everyone for the kind wishes!

Please see here: http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/showthread.php?t=3780

Quinn
12-17-2008, 03:17 AM
Condolences and prayers to you and yours.