PDA

View Full Version : Sierra's Mains, 340SE Center

Gov
10-20-2008, 04:26 PM
Anyone running this? Would this even be OK?

Thanks

curtis
10-20-2008, 05:15 PM
It would be more than OK. It will not be an exact match, but should be fine.

You are coming from all 340SE's up front, which is obviously a great match, you may notice a tradeoff.

ironmike86
10-20-2008, 06:24 PM
If you listen to 2ch music I doubt you will notice with HT. Try it and let me know.:D You can always add a Center Sierra later

MichaelG
10-20-2008, 06:45 PM
Anyone running this? Would this even be OK?

Thanks

I did it for 6 months and eventually went to a Sierra Center and now use the 340SE center as my back center surround (6.1).

Although it sounded fine I never felt the match was right and was constantly adjusting speaker levels. After I installed the Sierra center I could tell a difference right away and have never looked back. I love my 6.1 system!

Michael

chas
10-21-2008, 05:56 AM
Although it sounded fine I never felt the match was right and was constantly adjusting speaker levels. After I installed the Sierra center I could tell a difference right away and have never looked back.

With which material was the difference noticeable....music, movies, tv...all??

MichaelG
10-23-2008, 10:56 AM
Mostly with music. Now it sounded great and I was probably being picky. I don't know if it was due to the different efficiency ratings or what but I always seemed to be adjusting the sound levels to get a better match.

It did make a noticeable difference to my ears when I picked up the Sierra Center and I haven't adjusted anything for months. From my experience, I would recommend all 3 up front matched if you can afford it during the upgrade. I couldn't and was happy until 6 months later when I could afford to upgrade the center. Now I'm living the dream!:)

Michael