PDA

View Full Version : Sales coming?

gtoboss
10-15-2008, 09:38 AM
Its coming up on Christmas and I'm really hoping the Sierras might go on sale. Any luck that we could get a hint if one is coming Yes or No? PLEEEEEEESE:D

scape
10-16-2008, 05:11 AM
Its coming up on Christmas and I'm really hoping the Sierras might go on sale. Any luck that we could get a hint if one is coming Yes or No? PLEEEEEEESE:D

that'd be awesome, but I have a feeling the enclosure type and special materials make lowering the costs a bit difficult

ebh
10-16-2008, 04:58 PM
you missed a good one a little while back where sierras that were sent to people waiting for piano blacks were returned and put on sale. i'm very happy with mine :D

gtoboss
10-17-2008, 09:13 AM
Sounds nice! I would like PB also though, 5 of them to make a Sierra 5.1 system. So a sale would help alot and this is why I asked. I didnt figure I would get a answer but it never hurts to try.

ImagePree
10-17-2008, 09:47 AM
You do get a nice little discount if you buy all 5 as a package.

davef
10-17-2008, 03:06 PM

Hi Guys,

Please don't count on a Sierra-1 sale over the holidays. Believe me, I would LOVE to do this but we are taking a beating on these. We just had yet another 15% price increase on the raw materials we use for these. Trust me when I say that our Sierra-1 costs us more to manufacture than any $1500/pair of bookshelf speaker that I know of.

I am always looking for ways to reduce our costs, but the global economy is not helping in this matter :(

gtoboss
11-24-2008, 06:08 PM
Come on Dave cut me some slack here.....Thanksgiving Day Sale.....I mean really you could have told me to wait a few weeks! :rolleyes:

P.S. The Sierra's are the SHIZZLE!!! That's a good thing!

azanon
11-24-2008, 06:18 PM
Come on Dave cut me some slack here.....Thanksgiving Day Sale.....I mean really you could have told me to wait a few weeks! :rolleyes:

Try missing it by 12 hours.... :-(

davef
11-24-2008, 06:32 PM

Try missing it by 12 hours.... :-(

I wouldn't necessarily call this a sale on Sierra-1. It was not planned and would not have happened if not for shopping cart programming difficulties. Turned out that if we offered the 3-channel discount on everything but Sierra-1, we would have had to re-code some extensive custom programming in our shopping cart system (no way to distinguish one 3-channel system discount from another in our current configuration) After much evaluation, it was a loss to us either way and better to give the savings to you guys then pay more programmer fees :)

And.. with UPS giving us slightly better contract rates combined with the fuel surcharge lowering (finally!), free shipping for a limited time (very limited) seemed like a good option in this horrible economy.

BTW, we do offer 30-day price protection ;) (excludes shipping fees)

azanon
11-24-2008, 06:43 PM

That's the sale I missed though - the free shipping. I ordered a pair of 200SE's yesterday evening.

AMG_Roadster
11-25-2008, 05:48 PM

Very Nice. Dave how do I exercise the 30 day price protection for the 3 Sierra-1's I recently ordered?

Fantastic speakers by the way.

Looks like with the sale I need to add a pair of two of the CBM-170's.

azanon
11-26-2008, 06:30 PM
I think we're getting the "cricket" treatment, Roadster. Or did you get a pm?

gtoboss
11-26-2008, 09:04 PM
It might have something to do with Dave losing his father a little over a week ago give him sometime I'm sure he will get back to you as soon as he can!

AMG_Roadster
11-27-2008, 07:18 AM
I got an email from Dave in response to one I sent him, prior to posting.

I exchanged a number of emails with Dave prior to purchasing the Sierra-1s. Give Dave a chance he will get caught up with everything when he gets a chance. He has a lot on his plate right now including the loss of his father.

davef
11-28-2008, 11:39 AM
Sorry guys -- we are closed for the holiday today and I am still trying to get caught up with my emails. I will get back to each of you, if not today then tomorrow. I worked over 9 hours yesterday, and that does not include cooking a turkey with my kids (came out great!).

azanon
11-28-2008, 12:27 PM
From those last comments, I guess I am to take it Ascend is a one-man show, at least as far as the forum is concerned. I was unaware that was still the case. Of course I was very sorry to hear about your loss as well, Dave.

davef
11-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Hi AZ,

From those last comments, I guess I am to take it Ascend is a one-man show, at least as far as the forum is concerned. I was unaware that was still the case. Of course I was very sorry to hear about your loss as well, Dave.

Nope -- but our office was closed yesterday and is closed today and I am the only person who can access the "books" remotely. I am also the only Ascend employee who the boss expects to actually work over the holidays ;)

I see your email -- expect a reply from me within an hour or so.

azanon
11-28-2008, 12:38 PM
Nope -- but our office was closed yesterday and is closed today and I am the only person who can access the "books" remotely. I am also the only Ascend employee who the boss expects to actually work over the holidays ;)

Apparently AMG and GTO knew this too, since they thought my earlier comment in this thread a couple days ago was only to you :-). It was actually to anyone who's authorized to do Ascend sales. Had I known doing business with Ascend right now could potentially be misconstrued as inconsiderate, I would have simply waited.

Thanks for your help.

davef
11-28-2008, 12:54 PM
Apparently AMG and GTO knew this too, since they thought my earlier comment in this thread a couple days ago was only to you :-). It was actually to anyone who's authorized to do Ascend sales. Had I known doing business with Ascend right now could potentially be misconstrued as inconsiderate, I would have simply waited.

Thanks for your help.

Hi AZ,

Is eveything OK?

I am not sure how you would interpret my post as stating that you were being inconsiderate... As I mentioned, I am the only person working today and I am far behind, having been out-of-the-office for 3 weeks. I have a lot on my plate, including dealing with estate issues and attorneys. So again, please be patient.

We don't monitor every thread/post on the forum so I apologize if we missed your post -- but as I already stated, I have your email in front of me.

gtoboss
11-28-2008, 01:48 PM
azanon, didnt mean for you to take it that way, just was informing you of the possible delay.:)

azanon
11-28-2008, 02:41 PM
I am not sure how you would interpret my post as stating that you were being inconsiderate... As I mentioned, I am the only person working today and I am far behind, having been out-of-the-office for 3 weeks. I have a lot on my plate, including dealing with estate issues and attorneys. So again, please be patient.

We don't monitor every thread/post on the forum so I apologize if we missed your post -- but as I already stated, I have your email in front of me.

Wow.

Dave.... that comment wasn't directed at you. It was directed at the ones that were indirectly implying I was being inconsiderate of your loss. Sorry that I did not make that obvious enough.

azanon
11-28-2008, 02:43 PM
azanon, didnt mean for you to take it that way, just was informing you of the possible delay.:)

Thanks the the apology. I did obviously take it that way, and it felt that way to me.

I was well aware of his loss, just that I elected to not post in that thread because I don't handle emotional stuff that well for me or for others. I am always sorry to hear something that tragic, and couldn't even imagine if it were me.