PDA

View Full Version : Enjoy The Music Blue Note Award

davef
08-28-2008, 03:02 PM
I am proud to say that our Sierra-1 has won the 2008 Enjoy The Music's Blue Note Award, "Budget Beater" category.

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0908/bestof2008.htm

Big thanks to Clarke and Steven!

Kenntak
08-28-2008, 03:06 PM
Congratulations on the award! That was quite a rave review.

BradJudy
08-28-2008, 03:50 PM
Very cool Dave. I had seen Salk and VMPS post earlier today on AC about their rewards - I'm glad to see the Sierra received one as well.

drewface
08-28-2008, 04:07 PM
congrats!

dallas
08-28-2008, 04:17 PM
I feel the need to point out that that page has a excerpt saying a "PS Audio Quintet Power Filter" made his Itunes MP3's sound "less mechanical, more refined, and more musical."

really? :confused: Come on, practically every piece of gear on that page was $1k+, and a power filter was what was holding back your mp3s?

By no means am I saying the Sierra's not great, I own 7 of them, but that excerpt really just made me question the integrity of the reviewers.

clarke68
08-28-2008, 05:20 PM
a power filter was what was holding back your mp3s?

By no means am I saying the Sierra's not great, I own 7 of them, but that excerpt really just made me question the integrity of the reviewers.LOL.

While I certainly understand where you're coming from, I wouldn't let the opinion of one writer affect your attitude towards us all. ETM writers have complete editorial freedom...I've never been asked to alter what I've written about anything.

People often make the mistake of saying "Stereophile said..." or "Enjoythemusic said..." or whatever, but the fact is it's the individual writers' opinions being published. The best editors (and Steve is one of the best in the business) know that it takes a wide variety of viewpoints to make the world go 'round, and allow for that in their publications.

As a reader, however, you are free to filter what you read/believe all you want...take note of the writers you like and the ones you don't. Stereophile, for example, has some guys I consider absolute crackpots (great writers, but crackpots nonetheless), but they also have Jim Austin, who I think is one of the most level-headed guys writing about audio today.

Getting back to the topic at hand...the Sierra-1 is easily the most impressive product I've reviewed all year, and I'm happy to have had the opportunity to point that out in the Blue Note Awards. Great job, Dave!

dallas
08-28-2008, 05:27 PM
LOL.

While I certainly understand where you're coming from, I wouldn't let the opinion of one writer affect your attitude towards us all. ETM writers have complete editorial freedom...I've never been asked to alter what I've written about anything.

People often make the mistake of saying "Stereophile said..." or "Enjoythemusic said..." or whatever, but the fact is it's the individual writers' opinions being published. The best editors (and Steve is one of the best in the business) know that it takes a wide variety of viewpoints to make the world go 'round, and allow for that in their publications.

As a reader, however, you are free to filter what you read/believe all you want...take note of the writers you like and the ones you don't. Stereophile, for example, has some guys I consider absolute crackpots (great writers, but crackpots nonetheless), but they also have Jim Austin, who I think is one of the most level-headed guys writing about audio today.

Getting back to the topic at hand...the Sierra-1 is easily the most impressive product I've reviewed all year, and I'm happy to have had the opportunity to point that out in the Blue Note Awards. Great job, Dave!

Yes, I actually meant to post also that they were from different reviewers, but must have posting to fast... :cool:

DougMac
08-29-2008, 05:49 AM
Another well deserved feather in the Ascend team's hat. Congrats to all!

Doug

muzz
08-29-2008, 11:34 AM
clarke,

Now YOU are aware of what we Ascend Sierra owners have known and enjoyed for a long time.
Fabulous Speakers, at a VVG price.

Congrats Dave and the rest of the Ascend Team, you have created a Very Special Speaker, at an unreal Price Point.

Well Deserved, Kudos !!