PDA

View Full Version : David F's music recommendation: Jesse Cook

kabeer_g
06-14-2008, 10:57 AM
David,

Bought Jesse cook's Gravity, Vertigo, Free Fall and Frontiers. I totally fell in love with the music and that's what I have been listening for past week. Can't wait to hear it on my planned order of Sierra 1

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendation on acoustical guitar with african, latin & mid-eastern influence. While not close, Gipsy King is another group I like to play.

davef
06-16-2008, 10:57 PM
David,
Bought Jesse cook's Gravity, Vertigo, Free Fall and Frontiers. I totally fell in love with the music and that's what I have been listening for past week. Can't wait to hear it on my planned order of Sierra 1

Excellent -- I am a big fan and I use Jesse's work in many of my listening sessions. Don't forget about "Tempest" :)

robruffo
06-17-2008, 12:07 AM
Let's not forget Bassonova... Stand Ghetz? I think there is an SACD out there. Love it.

pegleg
06-20-2008, 07:04 AM
"Stan Getz".

Also, Sandy Bull, who adds banjo, electric guitar and Oud to acoustic guitar.

Pegleg

rogerm
06-23-2008, 12:52 PM
David,

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendation on acoustical guitar with african, latin & mid-eastern influence. While not close, Gipsy King is another group I like to play.

You might enjoy Malian Salif Keita's album Moffou. It's one of his very best. It's accoustic and features traditional african instruments. The vocals are beautiful.
Roger

Dave G
06-23-2008, 05:36 PM
You might also enjoy these two:

Gypsy Soul - New Flamenco http://www.amazon.com/Gypsy-Soul-Flamenco-Various-Artists/dp/B000006FCQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1214266797&sr=1-1
This collection is a great introduction to "New" Flamenco. It begins with something from Jesse Cook and includes some nice music, including a piece by Slash, of all people. A great album.

International Guitar Night II http://www.amazon.com/International-Guitar-Night-II-DGary/dp/B000VWYUU8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1214267263&sr=1-2
Very well-recorded acoustic guitar World music. I really like this album.

You can check out the Amazon samples to see whether this is what you're looking for.

Dave

curtis
06-23-2008, 05:51 PM
I have the Gypsy Soul disc....great stuff.