PDA

View Full Version : 340se's and HK avr 65 receiver?

get_zwole
06-04-2008, 06:25 PM
Hey guys ive decided to go with 2 ascend 340's and a center up front and 170's behind with a elemental designs a2 300 subwoofer. Also plan to upgrade my reciever to the onkyo 805. I cant afford to do it all at once though. Right now i have like a 10 year old harmon kardon avr 65. It puts out i think 75 watts a channel. If i buy the 340's this week along with the sub then followed by everything else next month will my HK push them good with the 75 watts? Thanks for the help. Also how long does it usually take the 340's to arrive im only ordering the Left and right this week. Thanks again guys love this forum.

DougMac
06-05-2008, 04:24 AM
I've played my 340's driven by an NAD amp rated @75 watts. Not to worry, they'll do fine, unless you listen at insanely high levels.

They ship from the West Coast. My order shipped the same day I placed it and it took five working days for them to make it to
Georgia. It's funny, I researched for months, but when I actually made the purchase, they couldn't get here quick enough!

Congrats on your purchase. Be sure to tell us what you think.

Doug

get_zwole
06-06-2008, 08:51 AM
good deal thanks for the reply bud. Ive been out of town on a job and only had my laptop with internet from a crappy hotel like every 3rd day lol. Im gonna order either tonight or tomorrow more then likely. Cant wait to get them.