PDA

View Full Version : Sierra's in skirts

astropuppy
04-26-2008, 02:33 PM
Long story made short: Work completed my stands; but, I haven't finished putting spikes and pads on them. The bags protect the finish from the metal stands. My wife hates the skirted look.

http://www.barks.us/misc/DSCN0746.jpg

Mr.Lawrence
04-26-2008, 04:43 PM
Looks good. More details. More photos. Take the skirt off. ;)

buddhadas
04-26-2008, 04:57 PM
I think a pair of clown shoes would be the next logical step.

astropuppy
04-26-2008, 08:08 PM
Looks good. More details. More photos. Take the skirt off. ;)

3/8" base with 1/4" stanchion and top plate. Stanchion is bent in a /-\ shape and will have a plastic wire tunnel taped to the back. Wire comes up through the middle of the stand. Powder coated with copper quick. About 25 pounds each, 32" high. Paid $5 materials, $25 beer money for the guys that cut, bent, welded and powder coated them for me. Not bad for $30. Can be used as automotive Jack Stands too.

Bought an oppo DVD player to go with my Sierra's. Big improvement. Now I'm looking for the final piece to my new living room stereo, an integrated amp. Which will sit on a 3/8" plate steel shelf screwed into the wall. Same powder coat color as the speaker stands.

BTW These Sierra's sound great sitting 32" above the floor. Rock On!

musicforme
05-17-2008, 08:56 PM
If you're still using the cloth, call it a kilt instead and break out some good bag pipe music!

DougMac
05-19-2008, 06:14 AM
If you're still using the cloth, call it a kilt instead and break out some good bag pipe music!
I find your statement contains an oxymoron.

Doug