PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha receiver & 2nd zone/ speaker B questions

merrymaid520
02-14-2008, 09:39 AM
Hello,

I am planning to utlize the extra amps(zone 2 or speaker B) in my yamaha rx-v2600. It will be to power a seperate stereo (2 speaker) setup in a bedroom. I know when utilizing zone 2 in the receiver the only audio that passes is from analog sources nothing digital. If I utlize the speaker a/b switch, will the digital signals pass thru the speaker B connection and if so, does this mess with the ohms & etc being the amp is possibly splitting the front channels?

Thanks,

Brandon

drewface
02-14-2008, 10:44 AM
if you use the "speaker B" terminals instead of zone 2, you will get the exact same output as "speaker A." i currently have an rx-v2400, and use the "speaker B" terminals to passively bi-amp my main 340SEs. keep in mind that in this setup, whatever you have playing on your main system will be what you hear in your bedroom. (can't use separate sources simultaneously)

merrymaid520
02-14-2008, 11:06 AM
Drewface,
That would be ok for me. My wife and I only watch tv in one room or the other not both at the same time. How does that work exactly? If you have both A&B playing simultaneously, where does the power come from? Are the ohms changed or just the power to the front channel is cut in half? To complicate things further, I actually dont even use speaker A on the yamaha because I use the pre-outs to a B&K amp for the front sierras. Does this matter or actually its probably better because the yamaha would not have to power the 2 A/B speaker pairs together then right?

Thanks,
Brandon

drewface
02-15-2008, 03:07 PM
having both A and B speakers running simultaneously doesn't change the power to either of them as they both output 120W on their own power circuit. since you don't use the A terminals, it won't matter which ones you use for your bedroom speakers, as they both put out the same thing. i would turn whichever one you don't use off, as it probably reduces the current draw of the receiver, but it won't make a difference on the output of the one you do use.