PDA

View Full Version : panny xr-55 owners or others questions???

surfcane
02-11-2008, 12:40 PM
What is the best way to wire or connect the panny with direct tv, plasma hitachi 1080i, dvd player, sierra-1 L/R/C?

Since no HDMI what is the best way and best wires in anyone's opinion to wire or set this up?

At some point I will upgrade but not yet.

Thanks in advance.

drewface
02-11-2008, 03:31 PM
since you don't have hdmi, use component cables (red/green/blue) for your video connections, and either optical or coaxial audio cables for your audio. monoprice.com has some good cables that you can get really cheap, i'd check there.

for speaker wire, most people will recommend 14 gauge. doesn't really matter all that much what brand you get, as long as it is constructed well. the bulk cable ascend sells would be a good choice.

surfcane
02-11-2008, 03:37 PM
which do you prefer for audio? optical vs coaxial

thanks

Charles D
02-11-2008, 03:48 PM
If your dvd player has digital video out such as DVI or HDMI I would run that directly to your video display, that way you keep digital signal going to display. and then just run your audio to your XR-55 with either toslink or rca SPDIF

drewface
02-11-2008, 04:09 PM
which do you prefer for audio? optical vs coaxiali prefer optical for purely non-scientific reasons, like the way the cables click into their receivers...

i have used both, however, and they both provide equal performance. coaxial can usually be found for cheaper prices, so that's a plus.