PDA

View Full Version : Baby Proofing

lifelong
02-06-2008, 11:33 AM
Quick question for fellow Ascend owners. I have a 7 month old son who may begin crawling soon, but I'm not sure how to baby proof my Ascend 340's which are on stands. I know I can fill them (with something like aquarium gravel), but what about ensuring that the speaker doesn't topple off the stand itself? Or, do I just have to install some kind of gate around each speaker?

ebh
02-06-2008, 11:50 AM
I have seen people use museum putty/blue tack to try to keep the speaker on the stand. Just filling the stand will definitely help the whole thing be more solid and prevent the speaker from tipping.

My 340 fell off its stand once and landed on my toe and it wasn't pretty, so you definitely want to be careful with a baby crawling around. (the 340 did not appear to be damaged from its fall, thankfully).

curtis
02-06-2008, 01:08 PM
Get the Ascend TP24 stand....it has a mechanism to attach the 340, and then fill it with sand. It won't go anywhere.

drewface
02-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Get the Ascend TP24 stand....it has a mechanism to attach the 340, and then fill it with sand. It won't go anywhere.yup, that's what i use. those things are crazy heavy when filled with sand.

buddhadas
02-07-2008, 11:45 PM
I'm with you Drewface! Those stands with my sierra's plus carpet spikes are a chore to move. Thankfully the OP has hardwood floors!